4

The view of Payton's bloodied face made me think of all the ways in which I can kill Gaston. I'm supposed to be keeping this woman safe, and not even two months into office yet and I'm getting her killed.

I feel as though I failed my country. Failed her. Failed everyone. Struggling to stand even with my hands tied. I stood tall against Gaston.

"Leave that woman alone." I scowled.

"And you're gonna do what Donna?" He laughed at him calling me woman in Italian.

Staring with hatred at this man who yet managed to come into my life and cause more damage than anyone else, I scowled hard.

Payton stood behind me, small whimpers escaping her lips.

"This bitvh," he pointed to Payton, "bit my finger almost off, stabbed one of my men with a stick and then ran out of the room with a razor in her mouth to come save you."

Smirking internally at her bravery, I turned to face her. A smile was etched on her face and nothing calmed me more.

"She was scared Gaston." I said calmly even though Payton was using that same razor to untie my straps while Gaston talked.

"Yeah, she should be after I punch her teeth out." He said before rushing forward to grab Payton from behind me. Though his attempts were futile because she already reached halfway and i quickly burst through the straps and grabbed Gaston.

Two punches were quickly thrown to his face before he connected one to mine as well. My body was still sore from the beating his men did to me but I managed to stay ahead of my game with beating Gaston.

Payton and I were gonna get out of here with or without this man dead. Payton stood calmly by the door ensuring that none of his men were coming this way any time soon.

"You think you're strong ragazzi!" He yelled with a smirk. That ghastly scar irritating the shit out of me.

Not saying anything in return, I walked closer to him and punched him again. Staggering back a bit, he rushed forward and I took this chance to counter attack him by bringing my left foot behind his shins and bringing him to his knees and locking his neck from behind. Struggling and gasping for air, his nails scratched against my skin and he quietly died in my arms. Dropping his body to the ground, I quickly walked to Payton whose eyes couldn't leave where his body fell limp. Taking the razor from her hand even though I had no idea how she managed to pull it off.

I took her hand and looked out into the hallway to check if any of his men were there. Walking quietly to the left side of the hallway, recalculating the steps that we took to reach here. Bending my head slowly around the corner, I cannot see one of his men back turned to us with a machine gun in his hand.

"Stay here!" Was all I said to Payton before walking slowly to the guy and slitting his throat with the razor. Grabbing the machine gun and his body, I pulled him back into the same room with Gaston.

Grabbing Payton yet again, we followed the steps I memorized till we arrived by a large gate that blocked us from inside this building to the outside world.

Unlocking the gate, Twelve men all carded in black stood outside of the gate and turned slowly to me and Payton. Only three had hand guns where as the others had swords. Which made me think, these men could never be that of Gaston's. Pushing Payton behind me, I raised the machine gun and pointed it at them.

"Let us leave here quietly and none of you will die." Was all I said before one of the twelve walked forward and took his head gear off.

"Ralph!" I scrutinized.