The mission

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

CHAPTER ONE

Tsunade noticed Naruto's sudden change of pose: he'd stiffened, his eyes had widened and his mouth had started to tremble slightly.

"Naruto are you ok? " – She asked.

"Baa-chan I..I was just a little surprised for minute. I'm fine, dattebayo!" answered clearing his throat at first and then gaining his well-known hyperactive mode again, but Tsunade wasn't quite convinced.

"You're hiding something, brat, spill it!"

"aaaah baa-chan! I just had a dream ok?" –Naruto said hiding very red blushed whisker cheeks, which did not go unnoticed and caused the Hokage's curiosity to peek.

"Naruto! Spill it!!!" she yelled slamming her hand on her desk.

"FINE! I had a dream...with Sasuke..." his voice went lower with witch word and trailed off.

After a moment of silence and reddening of Naruto's cheeks, Tsunade asked in a very teasing kind of way and with risen eyebrow "what was the dream about?"

Naruto, if possible, blushed even more, he felt so embarrassed talking about this. Not to mention, he was afraid of what his dream could possibly had meant, sure it was just a dream, but that's not the kind you want to have when it's your best friend and rival who's lost in his darkness and who you're trying desperately to save from himself.

''Baa-chan...we were..to..gether..sort of" he lingered on almost every syllable. Tsunade had her eyes widened and her jaw wide opened, but soon all that became smirk. To Naruto's surprise she got up, went around her desk and hugged him.

"Brat, I know you're probably confused with your feelings right now, but I just want you to know it doesn't matter who you fall in love with I promise that I'll be right by your side, as well as your friends and senseis, so don't you think for a second that this is wrong or whatever, just follow your heart like you always have" – she whispered to him along with the long embrace. Naruto tighten his hold, he felt relieved, because he finally felt like he belonged, like he had a family. He still didn't quite understand his feelings, but at least he hoped he would soon, very soon, find out.

After all, he wasn't in the Hokage's office to tell her about his dream, no. She had summoned him to tell him there were new leads on Sasuke's whereabouts. Now, after his little confection to the old hag, Godaime, Naruto, Sakura and Sai were waiting for kakashi-sensei to come so they could get their mission and go after the raven. As usual, the jounin was late giving off ridiculous excuses, but soon everyone settled down and the Hokage began to explain their mission.

"Team Kakashi, you'll travel to the borders of the Fire country with the Wind country. There have been reports sent over to us by Suna of sightings of people who resembles Sasuke and Kabuto, though they're even less sure about the last one. Anyway, you'll go there to collect information, not to engage – her eyes sat on Naruto's – however, if you wind up facing him, make sure to try and bring him home. That's your mission, you leave tomorrow at dawn".

"HAI!!" the shinobi said in unison.

After that, Naruto went home to pack his bag, it was almost dark out and he had to sleep early so he could rest as much as he could, because he felt in his gut, the next days are going to be hard. Nonetheless, he decided to take a walk, maybe it would calm him down and he could sleep faster once he got home again. He walked down the streets of Konoha, where he used to be bullied, picked on and hurt by the villagers, now however they don't mind him, sure there are still some suspicious glancing, but they know what he has done for the village and started to give him the benefit of doubt, at last. Thinking about the old days reminded him of Sasuke and he started to wonder what would happen if he did manage to get him back in the village.

'What would people think? Would they treat him badly like they did me? Sasuke was pretty much famous here, the last Uchiha, the pretty genius boy. The villagers will remember him, surely, but will they hate him? What if he has to go to jail? What if he does something stupid and winds up getting a death penalty?' At that moment, he was already a panting mess, he was scared and anxious, he didn't want anything bad to happen to his friend, even though he made bad choices, he had suffered for long enough all alone because of what happened to his family, not to mention that the things he went through because of his brother led him to his stupid choices and current title of being a missing ninja.

Even though he wasn't strong enough back then to have stopped the bloody raven from going to Orochimaru in a search for power, now he would be. And it truly didn't matter if the villagers, the council or even the Hokage disapproved of his rival and decided to hurt him, he would not let them! He would keep him safe, be his home and love him. At that last thought, Naruto froze. 'WHAT THE FUCK?! NO NO nananna NO! He's my best friend and rival and all, but this is getting a bit too cheesy and...romantic like!!'. He started walking again absentmindedly, just thinking about what the hell was this that he was feeling, that he's been feeling, actually that he had always kind of felt. When he was younger he thought it was hate, than that it was just their rivalry, but when Sasuke left and after the first failed attempt to get him back, he was heartbroken, he cried almost every night knowing he wouldn't see the bastard teme. At the time he thought he was just missing his friend, after all when you care about someone even when it's a friend kind of liking, you missed them when they're not there. But no. Naruto was almost sure it wasn't that simple, he had been apart from his friends before and, sure, he had missed them, but it wasn't even close to what he felt because of Sasuke and he knew it and was trying to accept it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a room lightened only by a few candles, with brown walls, simple furniture and lots of scrolls spread around, sat by a desk was Uchiha Sasuke. He had used a lot chakra today. He had trained with Orochimaru in the morning, taken a walk around the town nearby. Oh and of course, given his best friend and rival one hell of a dream during the night! He had just read about it, so he wasn't completely confident in his skill to hold a jutsu like that, especially the way he was going to make the dream be about. In the end, everything went well, actually it was quite amazing. 'I wonder what that usuratonkachi is doing now.'. Therefore, Sasuke was tired and this week was going to be a great torment. He had to rest, so he started remembering his blonde friend: his tan skin, his freaking blue eyes, his golden hair, his whiskered cheeks, his touches, his half-lidded eyes underneath him, his panting, his angelical voice, his smile, most beautiful of smiles. He started to drift off and sleep with small trace of a smile on his lips.

ۣ��W�N

This time I'll get him!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें