Getting free

CHAPTER FOUR

Team Kakashi decided to use the rest of the daylight to search the woods in the direction Sasuke had left after helping Ami-san, splitting up in the same two teams and being helped by some kage bunshin, not a lot of them so they wouldn't be spotted. They ran through the woods, marking trees as they kept their pace and focusing on sensing chackra. It was almost night time when Sakura sensed it and stopped immediately to warn Kakashi and the kage bunshin that was with them, said clone made another version of Naruto and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

The original Naruto got the information from his kage bunshin, told Sai, and both men went in the direction of Sakura and Kakashi while breaking the jutsu and making all of his clones disappear. Once the team was united again, they went to find out who was there in the woods.

They finally reached a formation of big rocks with an entrance made out of woods and veins; above it there was a some sort of sign, which was recognized by Kakashi as a seal jutsu. They couldn't go in and it was too dark to wonder around to find another exit, so it was decided to retreat and find a place to set a camp. They would sleep and get ready to fight if necessary.

Sai took the first watch, even though Naruto wanted to because he was too hyper too go to sleep. He decided he would stay with Sai for a bit and chat.

"So, Sai...what do you think of all this? You've been quite through most part of this mission"

"Well, I've been thinking a lot about my nii-chan. All you and Sakura are doing for Uchiha Sasuke, I wonder how you guys feel about him...I think I would only do all this, if not for a mission, for my nii-chan...is that how you feel about Sasuke? You feel like he is your nii-chan? – Naruto chuckled at the last part of Sai's speech.

"Actually, I don't really know what a feel for the teme...He's my best friend, my rival...he's precious to me like no one else in the world is. I just want him back. He saved me from my darkness without even knowing, I just want to save him from his. I don't care what it takes, or what I feel is called, I just want him...back" – 'I hope Sai didn't realize that pause...what I wanted to say is I just want him.'

"I see. Not a brother then?"

"Who the hell knows..."

Naruto yawned and bid good night to Sai, he now felt tired from thinking too much on confused feelings again, 'tomorrow, I think I'm gonna see you tomorrow, and I know that when I do, I'll know exactly what I feel for you, teme'. 

Sai kept on his watch, focusing on sensing chackra, but also thinking about the talk. He spent almost the entire mission thinking about how crazy Naruto and Sakura sounded when they talked about never giving up on Sasuke. They fought to get themselves in danger for the Uchiha; it wasn't a mission for them as it was to him. But then he remembered his nii-chan and tried to imagine if he would the same for him, he imagined himself doing what Naruto has done for the past years and reached the conclusion that maybe he would do that, but only for his nii-chan, 'I wonder if either of them would do the same for each other...should I ask them sometime?'.

There were still some hours left before dawn and Naruto's turn was almost over. Sakura had just woken up; she went to find her team mate. She stood a few steps from him to analyze his face that always held so much emotion, especially in those blue eyes. He looked peaceful, yet in deep thought; he was looking at the night sky, but then he closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Sakura-chan, I know you're standing there" – She heard the soft voice and walked the remaining steps and sat next to him.

"I didn't want to disturb you; you looked like you were in some deep thought there"