Chapter 8: RUN!

Shays' POV:

Akasha and I have been on a few jobs since the whole knock out scene a few months ago. I have forgotten the name of the guy who did that and he is lucky because he would be dead if I remembered. I have no idea what we are going to do but we have enough money to move again, and I was thinking about getting us out of the U.S.; the only thing I need is for Akasha to tell me where we should go. I had a few places laid out on the table but I wanted Akasha to have the final say. Jobs are starting to wear me out and I am ready for it all to stop, and I want Akasha to make friends so that she can be a regular teenager.

Akasha comes in the living room and looks like she is still half asleep. If we could stay here we would but I just don't want to risk someone else finding where we live again!

"Morning sleepy head." I said to Akasha.

"Morning. What's for breakfast?" she asked rubbing her eyes.

"Eggs, bacon, toast, and sausage." I told her "How do you want your eggs?" I asked heading to the kitchen to get breakfast started.

"Sunny side up  please." she says sitting at the table.

"Sure thing! Everything will be up in a few minutes."  I say.

"I will look at these papers while you are cooking." she calls to me.

"Alright. Once you've made your decision then I will make the calls to get the place." I call from the kitchen. She doesn't reply so I guess she is looking over the different places. I have been looking at places to move since I found out that people knew where to find us and that could be very bad in our line of work.

"See any place that looks good?" I ask from the kitchen.

"I like the place in japan. I mean both of us have been working on it and it would be a nice change." She says.

"Why do I get a feeling that there is a 'but' coming up?" I ask.

"But do we really need to go out of the country?" she asked.

"I knew that was coming. And yes. I don't want anyone finding us again and for us to end up fighting for our lives. I am getting so tired of all the struggle here. I think it would be a nice change; and we might be able to find a few friends on the way." I say walking out of the kitchen with our breakfast in hand.

As we eat I let Akasha look at all the different places so she could make her decision on where she would like to live. I wanted her to know things were not going to be the same and that change is a good thing; we all want to do things in life and sometimes we need change to do it.

"Anything spark your interest yet?" I asked Akasha.

"There is one place that looks good." She replies.

"And that is?" I ask.

"Japan." She says  looking up from all the papers.

I thought about it and couldn't come up with anyway that it would be a bad choice. I pulled out a folder of available houses in Japan and handed it to her.

"Pick a place and I will make to phone calls to get everything set up." I tell her  

"Aye sir!" she said and started looking.

"Thank Happy!" I say as I walk out of the room to go clean up in the kitchen. As I was doing the dishes Akasha came in with one paper with a place that said they were close to a high school, and it would only be open until next week then they would tear it down if no one bought it.