One

One

I woke up from the beeping sound of the alarm beside my bed as an arm warped around me from underneath the covers. A head pressed at the nape of my neck, where soft lips kissed it repeatedly. I turned and looked at the first face I see every morning. The face of the man I love. With the alarm still beeping, he pulled me closer to him as he trailed his lips from my ear and slowly down my jaw line until he found my lips. The sound of the alarm was muted from the loud thumping of my heart as the kiss deepens. This was what heaven is like for me these days.

After a few minute of make out session, he turned off the alarm as he gave me a few minutes to catch my breath and calm my thumping heart. Before he finally got out of bed, he lean down and gave me one last kiss. I stayed in bed for a few minutes, replaying the scene again in my mind before getting up and prepare breakfast.

I've been with my lovely boyfriend, Daniel, for over a year and a half now. We met at an event which was a company charity gala. He works as a marketing representative at one of the companies who are present at the party. We sort of kick it off when he approached me - if i could remember I was by myself at the event - at the bar and offered me drinks. It was more on the business kind of approach at first, which turned into a personal approached when he asked for my number. And, turns out, he only talked business with me to get my number.

After a few months on being on a friendly relationship and going dates and coffee every other day during lunch, he finally asked me out. Thus, it ends that friendly relationship and a start of the romantic relationship, which lead into a real, serious relationship - like he-might-propose-any-minute serious relationship.

I've been hearing these hints for the past weeks, like when we pass by a jewelry shop and he said he like to see that ring in my finger. Or, that one time when we saw a movie, bride wars, where he said he would died laughing if I get a tan before my wedding. Well, that second part wasn't really a hint, him suggesting that we watch it was the hint.

So, I'm under watch and waiting for weeks until he pops the question. Nobody really knows about it except for my best friend/sister-in-law, Annette, who I had her vowed to not say a word to my older brother. This is one of the hardest thing having a best friend who is married to your only sibling, there weren't that much secret you can keep that a family member not knowing. I'm not really angry when Annette slips and tells him. It just proves that they're honest with each other. But, this one, I let her swear by her only original Prada bag, that she wouldn't tell my brother.

As I flipped the eggs in the pan, I was startled when Daniel suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered softly in my ear, "What's for breakfast?"

I sighed heavily and turned my head as I smelled his sweet after shower scent. Call me a pervert, but that scent is so intoxicating, you can't resist not smelling it. "Well, I made eggs, bacon and toast. Coffee will be done in five." I replied.

"You know, you'll make a great wife someday..." he commented as he let me go to get his glass, waiting for the coffee to finish brewing.

I slightly stiffen from his words; another sign that he was going to propose. I turned to look at him and smirk. "And, you're still not asking because..." I trailed off, my voice teasing and have a slight edge of challenge to it.

"I'm only waiting for the right moment." He replied nonchalantly as he poured himself some coffee after it finish brewing.

I eyed him, my eyebrow raised. He looked at me and smirked. And from the teasing glint in his eyes, I finally understood why he hasn't asked me yet. He wanted to catch me off guard when he finally asks the question. I smirked at this realization and turn my attention to the pan of eggs in front of me.