Four

Four

I woke up, feeling the pain in almost every part of my body. I wanted to scream at someone to make it go away or numbed it somehow, but my throat was dry; and, the only thing that came out of my mouth was a sound of someone chocking on something. It wasn't a good sound to hear first thing in the morning.

"Hey... Hey... relax... breathe..." a deep, soothing voice suddenly came to my side as arms wrapped around my shoulders, helping me sit up.

I turned, startled at the sound, my eyes going wide at the first image I see. "What are you doing here?" I asked my voice raspy and low from its dryness.

"I'm doing my rounds..." he pauses when I was sitting up and grabbed a glass of water on my bedside table and handed it to me. "... Drink this." He commanded.

I accepted the glass Logan offered, eying him for a second before drinking the water. When I finished gulping down the whole glass, I reach out my hand and handed him back the empty glass.

"How are you feeling?" he asked casually, like he was trying to make small talks.

"I need more of those knock-out/numbing pills..." I started grimly as I tried to flex my casted arm.

He chuckled at my words, but dropped it as he looked up and stared at my serious expression. "Oh... I'm sorry. I thought that..." he confessed shyly.

"Huh... You should join Annette and Tristan's Allison-is-trying-to-be-funny-when-she-is-obviously-hurt club." I snorted and said sarcastically.

"I didn't... it's not like that, Ally." He sighed; looking defeated, and then run his hands through his hair and ruffled it slightly in frustration.

There was a moment of awkward silence after that. I turned my head away from him and gazed at the window, looking at the empty white sky. After a few more seconds of silence, I heard him sigh heavily and jotted something down in his clipboard. And then, like on cue, Annette came barging in the room like she did yesterday.

"Hey, Good morning sleepy head. I brought you..." she said and trailed off as she look up and gazes between us. "You know this is starting to get repetitive..." she stated and smirked, strolling to my other side.

I eyed a warning sign at her to not say another words. Those were almost dangerous enough to leave a hint that we were talking about him; though Annette glistening eyes also gave away that idea. Logan excused himself after checking the IV fluid that was connected in my wrist, like he was stalling for a moment, as Annette talked about a gossip she heard about me.

"I saw Nerissa today as I got you something to eat. Turns out, your workmates just got the news about your accident... And, oh, she asked me to tell you to text her about the shoot thing..." Annette said, settling a paper bag in the table near her. "She also told me, some are thinking about taking your place for this project since you're... you know..." she added, looking at me grimly.

I sighed, slightly flinching at the thought of being replaced. My work, especially this project, is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. If someone were to, let's say, betray me behind my back, which would definitely scar me for life like my personal one, I wouldn't want to live on. Hearing that news from Nerissa, who is a friend at work and a photographer, said to Annette, I'm certainly shaken right now.

"After you're done eating, I suggest you rest. I won't be increasing your intake on pain medication since it would conflict with your other medications. But, if the pain gets unbearable, just push the button and the nurse would come and attend to you." Logan said, interrupting my thoughts for a moment.

I looked at his direction, his face calm and professional, as he gazes down at me from where he stood. I saw a slight glint of emotions that faltered at his façade, but he turned his head away from me as he walked towards the door. I kept my eyes on him as I watch his retreating back until the door shut behind him.

"Well... that was intense... Don't know you two move up to glaring at each other..." Annette started, smiling cheekily, getting her my attention.

"Can we not get in to this topic? I'm hungry." I said stubbornly and sighed.

This only made her smile more and chuckle as she help me set up the food in the tray in front of me, which she place while my attention was elsewhere. We both sat there - well, I was more half lying down and sitting - watching some rerun of a sitcom while I ate my food. As much as the funny scene made me chuckle, it was Annette intoxicating laugh that made me start laughing with her. I almost chocked on my food, but I was glad that there's a bottle of water in front of me.

Around noon, Annette and I were interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. "Come in!" I shouted as Annette turned the volume down. We both turned our attention to the opened door as Tristan walked towards us.

"Hey, how are my two girls?" he asked, smirking as we walked towards Annette and give her a soft kiss in her forehead. And then, he turned his attention to me and smiled. "You look like you don't anymore need those tubes to keep you alive." He commented, his eyes glistening from his remark.

I rolled my eyes, but smirked at his words. "Don't let the smile fool you; I can't still feel anything from this arm." I said and pointed at my casted left arm.

"And, don't forget the swollen leg." Annette interjected.

I looked and rolled my eyes at her, but smiled in recognition. "So, did you bring any offerings to the injured patient?" I asked, turning my attention back to Tristan, who was settling himself down on a chair behind Annette's.

"I'll buy you coffee this afternoon, don't worry." He answered, his eyes closed as he stretched himself.

"You look dead beat? Mountains of work?" I guessed.

"If you knew, why do you have to ask?" he said, raising an eyebrow at me playfully.

"I don't want to be rude." I said nonchalantly.

"You? be rude?" he asked, his voice slightly teasing.

"Whatever, Tris. I need my beauty sleep now, beside this arm is killing me..." I stated and slowly lower myself down on the bed.

"Do you want me to call a doctor?" Tristan asked his voice had a slight alarm to it.

I wave my hand off at his question and let out a satisfied sigh when I was comfortable with a position in bed. "I'm fine, Tris. If you two are going to stick around here, don't make much noise or I'll kick you out." I stated sternly, but smiled after.

As I close my eyes, waiting for sleep to take me, I listened to Tristan and Annette's soft mummers. At first, I couldn't get any words as to what they were talking about until they mentioned my name out loud.

"...Did you tell Ally about the situation yet?" Tristan asked a little bit louder than a whisper.

"Shh! She might hear you..." Annette said frantically. "And, no; she is already in pain as it is..." she added.

"You know he's been asking for her... He will meet her when she gets out of here..." Tristan stated his voice slightly strained.

"I know, Tri... Just not now. Not now." Annette said with a sigh.

After that, there was a definite silence which followed as my mind slowly wondered into a void of sleep. That was one weird conversation. I couldn't pin point whether it was a dream or reality. I had a few guess who they were talking about, but I didn't press on with the idea, knowing that it would give me a headache and a whole lot of blood rising to have that thought in my head. So, I kept those thoughts at the deepest and darkest part of my head, leaving it for later to ponder on.

When I woke up from my afternoon nap, I was alone in my room. No Annette or Tristan and definitely no Logan in sight. I gave myself a good stretch in bed as I looked around the room, finding the remote to turn the television on. As my eyes landed at the bench on the far side of the room, across the door, I cursed mentally at the distance of it from my bed. I debated whether to get up and get it or just sit there and stare at the white ceiling until dinner was served. I let out a huge sigh as I pushed myself in a seating position, dangling my good leg on the edge of the bed and steady myself as I got ready to stand. It didn't really cross my mind that I couldn't walk at all with the bandage on my leg. As I stood up, balancing all my weight on one leg, it gave out after one step, making me fall on my behind.

"Ouch!" I hissed in clenched teeth, as pain surge on my bandage leg and my not-any-more-good-leg.

"Allison... Are you okay?" A deep voice asked frantically as footsteps run towards me.

"Oh god... Leave me alone already..." I mumbled to myself as I close my eyes, taking deep breaths as I wait for the pain to die down.

Warm, strong hands touched my shoulders as an all-too familiar presence sat down beside me on the floor. The hand started to caress my back as I didn't directly respond to him. "Ally, are you okay?" he asked again as he continued to caress me.

I let out a huge sigh before looking up to him, leaning away directly as I saw his face just inches away from mine. "I'm fine, Logan... You don't need to panic..." I stated, my voice sounding slightly strained.

He looked at me seriously for a moment, like he was assessing me whether I was okay or not. And then, he suddenly warped his arm around my waist, shocking me. He pulled me closer to him as he helped me stand up, not giving me time to protest the situation. He slowly lead me back down, gently, in the bed without saying a word. I kept my mouth shut the entire time as I left a sudden kick and warmness in the pit of my stomach. When I finally settled in bed - with the covers pulled up and all - he stood there for a moment like he was thinking what he was going to say. I beat him to it.

"Thanks..." I said, my voice rang clear in the silent room.

He looked startled for a second, but he was able to recover his expression directly with a soft smile. "You're welcome." He said.

And then, we were silence again for a moment. He stood there beside my bed, tapping lightly with his foot, looking around uncomfortably. I smiled at his expression, seemingly familiar with it. "So, you're doing rounds again?" I asked, making him stop tapping and look back at me with an innocent look.

"Huh? Uhm... yea..."he replied, sounding unsure of himself and slightly nervous about something.

"Is there something you want to say to me? Are there any problems?" I asked, feeling alarmed by his reply.

"No. Everything is okay. You're healing nicely and be out of here in a few more days." He stated his voice came out in a higher octave as his words rang clear.

"Oh... That's good... I don't know how long I could take being inside this room..." I said, chuckling to myself. "So, why are you nervous?" I asked, after a few moments when he stood there unfazed.

He smirked and chuckled softly, nodding his head in disagreement. "You know me too well..." he stated like it was a good thing. "Someone is here to see you, but I'm not supposed to let him in. As per Tristan's instructions..." he added, looking serious again.

I looked at him for a moment, letting his words sink in, and sighed. "It's not Tristan's decision whether whom to be let in my room or not..." I stated back, closing my eyes, sighing again. "Who is it?" I asked after, looking back up at him. I don't know why I asked since I already knew who it was.

Logan stared at me for a moment before answering my question. "Daniel Jacobs." When the words left his mouth, a sudden chill went up down my spine, which made me shiver slightly. He noticed this but didn't say a word.

"Okay. Let him in. I want to get this over with..." I stated sternly, my face full of determination.

He sighed heavily beside me but didn't say anything as he walked out of the room. After a few minutes, he came back to my room as he opened the door, revealing Daniel, who was behind him. Logan stops beside the door as he gestured his hand for Daniel to get in ahead of him. Daniel slightly nods his head in his direction and walked towards me. Logan stared at him as his back was to him, looking at him intently. For a moment I saw anger cross his eyes, but I couldn't be sure since he turned his head the other way, closing the door behind him. I wanted to call him and tell him to stay, but the door was already close.

"Hey, how are you?" Daniel asked, bringing my attention to him and away from the closed door.

"If my leg and arm wasn't immobile, I would be up and strangling you right now..." I replied, hissing as I looked at him in disgustement. "What do you want?" I added.

"I came by to see if you are okay..." he said and paused. "And, I wanted to say I'm sorry... Ally, I'm so so..." he added.

"Wow! Really? Do you think that it would be easy just to say you are sorry? Are you a f*cking Idiot?" I interjected, almost screaming. "Sorry doesn't cut it! You think you can just waltz back in here and say sorry? Who the F*ck do you think I am?" I continued. "For goodness sake you cheated on me! And to think I thought that you were going to propose... My god! I feel like I've been kick hard in the nut! And I'm a girl!" I paused for a moment and dramatically gestured at my womanly parts. "If you think a sorry would just make things better, which only proves how much of a dickhead you are! God, I can't believe I wanted to marry you..." I said and stated the last part with disgust.

He stood there, stunned in silence. I stared at him with so much anger; I was almost seeing red. Instead, my eyes blur by the tears that I didn't notice escape in my eyes. I was lightly sobbing, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. I clinched my good arm into a fist, still feeling the anger rage inside me. Daniel just stood there continually, staring at me with his dumbfounded eyes; but then, he snapped out of it and took a step closer to me.

"Don't you dare take another step toward me, or so help me God! I will stand up here and strangle you..." I said my voice thick with threat.

He stopped mid-stride and took a step back, swaying in the heel of his foot. He sighed heavily in defeat as he look down on the floor and massage his temple with his right hand. For a moment, the room fell silence as I continued to watch him under my glare until the door suddenly opened, an angry, vengeful Tristan strolling towards Daniel.

"You bastard! You've got some nerve to get in here..." he said under clinched teeth as he pulled Daniel shirt up in front of him, making his squirm like a kid being bullied.

"Tristan... man... let him go..." Logan suddenly walked behind Tristan, straining him as much as he can as he held him by his shoulders. Yet, his soft, calm warnings was drown by Tristan's loud rage.

"You go and tell him, Tri!" suddenly Annette was there, cheering at Tristan by the door.

I sat there by my bed, rubbing circles in my temple as Tristan continued to shout, which Daniel replied with the same intensity, and Annette butting in with her rounds of insults as Logan tried to calm them done. I took a deep breath with my eyes close and opened them after, feeling pissed off.

"For the love of God! Would you all keep quiet and stop?! Your making me mentally ill here, and I have enough going on with my physical injury!" I shouted load and clear, making them stop and look at me. When I finally got their attention, I took a huge breath to calm myself and continued my voice soft and low. "If I hear another threat from you..." I pointed at Tristan. "And an insult from you..." I pointed at Annette. "And especially another words from you that's an excuse..." I pointed at Daniel. "I promise, I would literally blow up you wouldn't see me coming..." I hissed.

They all stared at me for a moment as silence lingers in the air. "Now, would you all get out of my room? I need my sleep..." I said, breaking the silence, as I slowly slide myself down the bed as I comfortably position myself. "Close the door when you get out." I added sternly with command. I hear light footsteps walking towards the door and then a soft click of the door as it closes. When the room fell to silence again as they got out, I close my eyes and sighed heavily. I felt tried and sleepy. I kept my mind empty, not letting the things that happen give me nightmares. I skipped dinner all together after that since I didn't anymore have the appetite; so, I let sleep drown me for the rest of the night, numbing every anger that was left in me.