Sixteen

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you had a awesome New year's celebration. Mine was eventful, to sum it up.

I wanted to thank the people who still contine to support the story. I'm trying my hardest to have the story finish and written well. I'll have a change in updates, making it twice a week instead on once. That is my New Year Gift to you!

Anyways, Enjoy and Happy Reading!

----

Sixteen

Logan walked towards or table, but halted when his eyes landed towards mine. His gleaming eyes harden for a second. And then, he turned his attention away from me and glanced at Andre with a smile.

"Hey man, I didn't know you're back in town." Logan stated as they did a handshake that involved bumping on each other's shoulders as they held each other's hand. It was a very manly man handshake.

"I just got back, actually. I couldn't ditch a date with such a fine young woman." Andre said with pride as he glances towards me quickly and winked.

I smirked at his enthusiasm but kept myself calm. I felt Logan's eyes fell on me as Andre and I had our silent exchange, which I perfectly ignored, yet still able to notice. I didn't dare myself to look back at him and kept my gaze towards the small crowd of people in the bar while I listen to their conversation. I don't deny that I'm eavesdropping, but I'm not admitting this out loud.

"So, how are things with her?" Andre asked him, his voice almost a whisper, yet it was still loud enough for me to hear.

There was a slight pause before Logan answered. "She came to see me last night. I've talked to her, but she is stubborn." He replied sternly with a hint of anger and frustration.

"I'm so sorry about that, Doc. That woman sure is a handful." Andre voice was filled with sympathy.

I slightly glance back at the two of them and saw Andre patting Logan's shoulder in a comforting gesture. But, it wasn't Andre's friendly gesture that made my heart tighten a little. It was the expression plastered on Logan's face. It was the same look that I've had a few weeks ago when my ex-boyfriend cheated on me. The face of a man being betrayed by someone he trusted and loved.

I turned my head away from the scene, feeling a tear slowly escaping my guarded eyes. Why do I feel like crying? Sure, I can feel bad about his situation. He may have gone through the same hell as I had, but no more, no less. So, why do I feel like I wanted to comfort him right now? I wanted to hug and kiss all his pain away and make him smile again. What have I been drinking tonight? Maybe the wine Andre insisted we drink had more alcohol content than I thought it would.

They kept talking for a few more moments, which I couldn't anymore concentrate on listening. And then Logan excused himself, walking back towards a group of man across from our booth. I eyed his retreating figure for a moment before looking back at Andre, who was settling himself in the chair across from me.

"So, are you going to offer me a drink or what?" I asked in mock challenge and smirked at him, letting him know I was kidding.

"Oh. Right. Coming right up." He quickly replied, jumping out of his seat animatedly.

I stared at him with amusement, shaking my head. It was the first time in the night that Andre was loose and buoyant; he had been slightly stiff with the question and answer tactic. But, I couldn't say the night was bad, I was having fun, and still going to be having fun with this date. I only hope that I would be able to keep myself in check with my emotions, being that someone who is a potential distraction is just sitting across from me.

I glance towards Logan's direction slyly as I grabbed my phone in my bag. He was laughing hysterically about something a man in their table said, who was gesturing his hand like he was describing something huge. I turned and looked away as his head slowly turned towards my direction. Frantically, I kept my head down and looked for my phone in my black mini purse.