Six

Six

After Tristan finished filing my release from the hospital, a nurse came to my room and put me on a wheel chair, which I refused at first, but accepted when Annette started to look at me with fury if I say another word of protest. So, I gladly let someone rolled me out of the hospital, which was pretty neat if you ask me. I didn't see Logan that day, which strike me as odd since the doctor usually say goodbye to their patient - or was it just me assuming that. Maybe he had other matters to attend to, which I don't really care. Well, I wouldn't be seeing him after a few more weeks until I get the cast in my arm removed. And after that, I wouldn't be seeing him again at all, as long as I kept myself in a mile radius to any form of accident and a hospital.

Annette and Tristan drove me back to my apartment to pack some clothes since I was going to stay with them for the weekend. A weekend I hope would end soon since the last time I sleepover at their place, I heard a lot of moaning and animal noises at night that I still have nightmares from this day on. I shudder from that thought as I grab my sleepwear and undergarments, stashing it all in my bag. After I packed, I stood there in the middle of my now empty apartment, which felt foreign to me now.

"Well old friend... I think this would be goodbye. It's not really your fault that I'm moving out on you. I just couldn't fit you in my expenses anymore since I really love that Ferragamo bag..." I said silently to myself, chuckling as I remember the conversation I had with Annette about it. "I'll be back for a formal farewell as I pack up and leave, though. So, don't feel sad just yet..." I added with a smile.

"Ally? Are you done? We need to go because I'm going to be late for work..." Tristan shouted by the door, reeling me back to reality.

"Be right there in a second!" I shouted back at him as I grab my bag with my good arm, looking around the room one last time.

"Are you being sentimental again about leaving your apartment? Because I don't really give a sh*t about it!" Tristan shouted back, his voice teasing.

"Don't ruin the moment for me brother, or else I'm going to have my way in your house for the next two days... You won't have your husband-and-wife alone time with Annette at all..." I threaten him as I turned around the corner just a few feet from him, glaring at him deadly.

"You wouldn't?" he asked in mock horror, but smirked.

"Yeah, you're right. I couldn't get that girl away from you... You're both just smitten with each other." I said in defeat, yet grin at him teasingly.

"Come here, little sister. Let me get those bag for you..." he said, nodding his head in disagreement as he smiled softly at my words, grabbing the bad from my hand.

"Wow... being a gentleman aren't we?" I asked, faking shock.

"You know I'm always a gentleman." He stated a matter-of-factly with a sly grin.

"Yeah, right." I said sarcastically, walking ahead of him, rolling my eye and chuckle to myself.

Over the weekend, I started my day by sleeping in until noon, which was rare for me. Okay, in truth, I never sleep in that long since high school, the last day of summer before going to college. But, I deserve it and needed a good long sleep in a warm, comfy bed. I'm not saying that the bed in the hospital wasn't comfy; I wasn't comfortable sleeping there in my normal take-the-whole-space-in-bed routine when people just comes and goes there. Here, in the guestroom of Annette and Tristan's small, one story house in the upper side of the city, this was my space and no one was to disturb me at all. Annette knows the boundaries when it comes to my personal space. Though I've been living in with someone, I still have a small space for myself which is mostly consist of clear glass door that leads to a balcony. My ex-boyfriend - I refuse to say his name even mentally - never intrudes that space without my consent. It was where I take a break from the world and just let the cool air and faint noise of the busy streets engulf me.

By one in the afternoon, I finally had enough of rolling in bed. So, I got up and went to the personal bathroom just on the right side of the room. I turn the faucet on, filling the tub in warm water as I slowly take off my clothes, carefully maneuvering my top from my casted arm. After the tub was full and I was stripped down of my clothes, I dipped my toes first in the tub and put the rest of my leg slowly as I let the warmth register in my skin. I lay down in the tub, not letting the casted arm wet as instructed, and close my eyes as I let myself lavish in warm water. Fifteen minutes prior to my dipping inside the tub, someone knocked on the door outside the bedroom, which I heard clearly from the silence that resonates the whole place.

"Ally? Are you up yet?" Annette called, after which, I heard a soft creek of the door being open and light footsteps, walking towards the bathroom door. "Ally? Can I come in?" she asked, her voice slightly louder since she was just outside.

"Why are you bothering me? This is still part of my alone time..." I asked her as she got inside, not waiting for my answer.

"I'm just here to warn you about a visitor joining us for dinner tonight. So, if you plan on wearing only your underpants tonight... don't..." Annette said sarcastically, smirking.

"Right. Got it. No flaunting of undergarments tonight." I stated, rolling my eyes. "Now, can you please give me some alone time? Naked here..." I asked after, gesturing at myself in the bathtub.

"Don't be shy, Al. I've already seen you naked..." she said flirtatiously and winked at me as she walked out of the bathroom.

I nodded in disagreement as I chuckled from her response. My best friend can be twisted sometimes. I wouldn't barter her for any other person unless it's Mr. Right - well, I think, not even then. I settled myself back in the tub and return my mindset to the calmness of the silence in the air.

After my lovely noon bath, I grab my favorite home clothes, which consisted of a white fitted tank top and navy blue sweat pants. I also got my IPod with me. I plug the ear buds and let the music blast in my ear, silencing other sounds around me. I bobbed my head to the music, mouthing the lyrics as I walked towards the kitchen. In doing all off this, I was under the impression that it was only Annette and me in the house.

I stopped mid-giggle of my booty when I turned around and face a small crowd of five men, seating in the dining room, and from the looks of it, they were playing some card game - maybe poker, I really don't care.

"What the F...??" I asked and took off the ear plugs. I was not able to finish the sentence when my eyes landed on a familiar blue eyes. From there, I was already stunned to silence. I feel my face slowly getting flushed from the stares I was getting.

"Ally... You're up..." Tristan said, breaking the short awkward silence. I thank the heavens when Annette walked in the room, but take it all back when the first word came out of her mouth.

"Sh*t, Al. I told you to not wear your undergarments!" she shouted furiously.

"I'm not in my underwear woman... Geez, don't you have eyes?" I countered, gesturing to my tank top and sweats. "I thought you said later tonight, not now..." I added.

"It's almost seven, Al. You were up around five in the afternoon..." Annette explained, sounding like she was speaking to someone who doesn't anymore have a sense of time or day - which, by the way, I don't have at the moment.

I looked out of the window, seeing the dark sky for the first time. Maybe I'm off my game lately, but this was embarrassing that people have to witness my wreck. "Right. Well, it looks like I got carried away with the hot tub and the scent of roses..." I stated shyly with a small smile, trying to look innocent. From that, I tried hard not to look at the group of men, who were staring me - and I'm sure some were checking me out.

"Well, boys... If you'll excuse us..." Annette stated aloud, clearing her voice to stop them from eying me - well, more like undressing me with their eyes, which was starting to show from their lustful expression. I mentally thank Annette for catching on.

When we were out of ear shoot, Annette started bashing me again. "What were you thinking? I mean really?" she asked frantically in hush tones.

"I didn't know... you said later tonight... you could have just said now... you know I was in my Zen mode..." I countered in the same tone. "And since were in the zone... Why is Logan here anyway?" I added.

Annette stopped dead, looking hesitant and slightly nervous for some reason. "You should ask your brother about that..." she said, after a few moments, still sounding hesitant.

I eyed her for a moment. "Are you two hiding something from me?" I asked accusingly.

"Pfft. No... What is there for me to hide? You know everything..." She snorted and stated it like it was obvious. She walk on forward, passing by me, as I eye her from behind.

I definitely sense that she was lying. I know that Annette can almost fake anything, but being her best friend, I would know when she was faking it. I just don't get why she is hiding this from me. She knows better to not hide something that I would eventually find out, or does she imply that I wouldn't find out about it? I'll think about that later.

Annette help me picked out the dress to wear for tonight's occasion. It turns out that we were actually celebrating her new job and my release from the hospital, plus Tristan's new job. He was finally pointed as one of the head pediatrician at the hospital he was working. I know that's too many things to celebrate in one go and people might get confuse; but who cares, it's costly to celebrate it separately. This way, we could kill two birds with one stone. But, in this case, three birds with one stone. That's one good shot.

After I looked decent enough, in my dark blue sun dress that I've borrowed from Annette - since she didn't approved of any of the suit dress I've brought with me, which she diss me for awhile, we both head back to the main room where people started coming in. I was glad to see that Annette had invited some of my work friends, which consist of my secretary and Nerissa. I'm not a bitch, but people think I'm one if I'm at work. So, I don't have lost of acquaintances there. She did invite some of our friends in college though. Not much there too, but at least it's more than two. And, three is more than two, in my opinion.

"Meg, Rosie, Noelle. My gosh... How are you guys?" I asked, smiling from ear to ear as I hug each one of them.

"I'm doing great. How are you?" Meg asked, as she let go of my hug.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Though this cast is a bother, but I'm fine." I stated and pointed at my casted arm.

"Ouch! That look like hell." Noelle said, wincing slightly.

"And it feels like one too." I interjected, smirking teasingly.

"You know, you're the only one who could joke around even if you're in your death bed." Rosie remarked, nodding her head in disagreement, smirking at my words.

"No bullsh*t, Al. Are you really okay?" Meg asked seriously, making everyone turn serious.

"I am, Meg. Don't worry." I answered her with a soft smile.

Of all of my friends, this three - plus Annette, obviously - are the only once I could rely on. It wasn't that I don't have friends in high school, they just didn't witness the change I went through in college to get me to be this woman. The four of them did, and we made it through with each other's back. Rosie and Noelle are both married and works at one of the top advertising companies in the city. And, Meg, she is on the verge of a breakthrough in her career with her line, selling all kinds of women's accessories - from bags to earring and necklaces. For the four years since she started her business, which we all helped in concern of money issue, she is starting to make a name for herself. Also, among of my friends, she is the only one who can relate to my being single and boyfriend less, since the rest of them are married.

"So, any husband prospects in the vicinity?" Meg asked, whispering in my ear after the three excuse themselves and go to their other half.

"I don't know... I don't know half of the people here... anyone that caught your eye?" I replied and asked, chuckling at her question.

"Well... there is that guy in grey suit. Blonde. And, oh! That one... I think he is your type..." Meg started scanning the room with her preying eyes until it landed on someone I prayed I wouldn't have to talk tonight. She pointed at him like she was a kid pointing at a toy she wanted.

"Hey! Don't point!" I hissed at her frantically in hush tones. I was glad that Logan was looking at the other way and talking to someone. I pulled her away from his view and drag her to the kitchen. "My god! That was close..." I stated silently to myself, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Do you know that guy? Wait... I think I've seen him before..." Meg asked and paused to think. Then, her eye slightly widen in recognition. "OH. MY. GOD. Is he who I think he is?" Meg asked, stating each word with emphasis.

"This is going to be a long night..." I mumble to myself, turning around from her. I wasn't really in the mood on hearing another round of this-is-fate-you-should-get-back-together thing.

But, before I could step out of the kitchen, the rest of the girls came barging in, asking what was wrong. The only wrong move I made in the situation was that I didn't let Meg swear on her grave to keep her mouth shut. So, you got the picture as to what happen next.

"The 'Logan Stanley'. The 'Logan' who Ally dumped on his senior year because she got chickened? That Logan?" Rosie asked, stating Logan's name like he was someone famous.

"Yup! The one and only..." Annette said with conviction, her lips twitched with amusement. I eyed her deadly, annoyed that she find it amusing to see me this uncomfortable.

"God! Ally... I don' know why you dumped that guy... He just aged better than Clooney... Well, I still prefer Clooney, but you get the idea..." Meg said, fanning herself at the mention of George Clooney - the man that could take her orgasm to another level.

"I totally get what you mean..." Noelle agreed with a swoon. "Don't tell my husband that..." she added sternly, looking at each of us deadly with a smirk.

"I second that!" Rosie stated aloud, chuckling to herself and give Noelle a high five.

"Oh god! Could we please not go there?" I stated frantically, annoyed. I rolled my eyes at their reaction and turn my heels towards the door. I didn't hesitate to live them there, knowing that they'll be on the topic for awhile.

Meg, Rosie, and Noelle knew about Logan through Annette in our first year. Around that time, on the month that Annette and I became friends, Logan was still sending me e-mails and texts almost every day. Meg and Rosie were staying at the room across from ours, which was how we knew each other. We met Noelle at a class that we all had; so, that was how we clicked and became friends.

They found out about Logan when we were all hanging out in mine and Annette's dorm room. I was checking my e-mail when Logan suddenly IMed me. Annette noticed it first since she was grabbing a sticky note in my side of the table. From there - when Annette loudly announced that I was chatting with my ex - they all gathered around me, prying me about him. It was hard to hide it with four, pushy woman, yelling at you to tell. Though Annette didn't really join with the pushing and the yelling, she still initiated them to do it.

I walked towards an empty couch, as I thought of those early days of our friendship. Though sometimes these women can drive me insane, but I wouldn't exchange them for anything. I lightly chuckled to myself as I crushed down the couch with a huge sigh of relief. I knew deep down those women wouldn't eat me out tonight and do something stupid. They know the story as much as Annette knows each detail of it. Logan and I aren't - not even the slightest - anymore in such a relationship. We both accepted the fact that it didn't work out for us, though it took time for him to accept it, but he did eventually.

Sitting in the couch, alone, I scanned the room. My eyes landed involuntarily towards a familiar blue eye, which was also staring back at me. Then, slowly, those eyes twinkled slightly as he smiled in recognition, nodding his head towards me, and returns his attention back to the person who was talking to him.

I felt my face heat up and flush, as my heart started to raise at a fast pace. This is so not happening. Did I just blush? Again? Oh lord, God. If this is what I think it is, I'd rather think this is on the reaction the guy is actually touching me to make me blush, then just look at me and smile. I'm not a freaking teenager, being all cutesy and giggly. Maybe, I'm just slightly off because of the cast in my arm and the news that I might get thrown off the job I've worked my a** off. Yeah, maybe that's just that. I hope.

---

A/N:

To my lovely reader, how are you? I'm sorry for the late update. It's been shaking here back home, with the earthquakes and aftershocks we've been having. I'm fine, but some casualties are evident in some parts of my lovely province.

I would love to listen to what you think of the story so far. Comment away.. And a vote is always appreciated.

Thank you and Enjoy!