Chapter 6

Steve thought he was used to everything the world had to offer post-Capsicle (as Tony so eloquently put it). As he finished his morning jog, he made his way towards the kitchen, determined to make a nice breakfast for everyone. He was about to open the fridge when his hand froze.

There was a picture... Of him... On the fridge...

It was obviously done by a child but it was surprisingly detailed, the colors almost exactly right on point. What really caught Steve's attention was the figure next to him. He looked so familiar that it sent a pang through the soldier's heart.

"Mm!"

Steve turned when he heard a squeak and the blonde came face-to-face with a wide-eyed six year old. He waved slightly, obviously confused as to why a child was in Tony Stark's tower, and the boy's face turned red and he ran off to God knows where.

He came back again a couple minutes later dragging a half asleep Tony behind him. He made a small 'mm' noise again and pointed shyly at Steve.

"What?" Tony blinked, looking at Steve for a moment as he tried to get his mind to work, "Oh.. Oh... OH!" He slammed a fist down in his open palm and grinned, "Capsicle, meet Percy. Percy, meet Captain America. Percy's staying with us from now on."

Steve crouched down to Percy's height and held a hand out, smiling warmly, "It's nice to meet you, Percy."

Percy just stared at him for a moment before shaking the captain's hand, seeming to realize what he was doing was rude. His mouth opened and closed a couple of times like a gaping fish, "Mm.. Uh, mmm..."

"He says 'nice to meet you' and 'I'm a big fan'," Tony translated before grinning. "Hey, I know Percy-talk!"

Percy's face turned red and he elbowed Tony's leg, seeing as he was too short to elbow his side, before taking out his phone and migrating to the small couch by the window.

"He gets embarrassed easily," Tony said, as if this happened all the time. "I can't wait until he sees Thor." He smirked when he heard a squeak behind him.

"Who else has he met?" Steve wondered.

"Bruce, Natashalie, Clint, and, now, you," The genius answered while making a large, steaming cup of coffee.

"That explains these cute pictures," Steve nodded, looking at the other pictures on the fridge again. He was a bit confused on why Tony's shirt was partly brown in one of the drawings but didn't comment.

Percy got up fast when he smelt the coffee, all but jumping over the table to get to it. Tony and Percy growled at each other, the cup resting innocently on the counter between them. They looked like raptors eyeing the same prey.

Suddenly, they both lunged, set on getting the delicious drink first. The cup went flying and the liquid soared through the air.

And landed on Tony's shirt.

Steve expected the billionaire to be angry. It was hot coffee that was spilt on him. What he didn't expect was the two to start giggling like little kids.

Tony's giggles turned into full blown laughter and he had tears prickling the sides of his eyes, "Oh, this is rich!"

Percy nodded, giggling up a storm, and discreetly made his way towards the other cup of coffee on the other side of the kitchen. When he reached the coffee, he downed half before Tony finally noticed.

"What?! You little- Give me some!" Tony chased after Percy, who ran as if the devil was on his heels, all while giggling.

Steve sighed and rubbed his temples tiredly, "And now there's two of him."

xxxxxxxxxxx

Clint walked into the Avengers living room to see Tony sulking on the couch as Percy sipped coffee happily. Clint grinned, "Oh, I see what happened. Mini You got to your coffee, didn't he?"

Tony glared at the archer, still sulking. He perked up when Percy offered the rest of his coffee, all the while patting the billionaire's head in a 'there, there' manner. "Thanks," He beamed.

Clint snorted at the scene. It seemed that Tony was more like the six year old in this case. He shook his head before making his way over to the kitchen to get breakfast. I'm thinking... waffles.

Just as Clint was about to take the first bite of his delicious, fluffy waffle, the alarm went off. Sighing in irritation, the archer set down his fork and made his way back to the living room.

"Bird Brain," Tony called as he put on his suit.

"What, Tin Can?" Clint snapped. He hated that nickname.

"I need you to stay here and watch Percy, okay?" Tony looked down at the child with soft eyes before glancing back at Clint, "Please."

And when Tony Stark said please, you knew you had no choice but to say, "Okay."

"Okay," Tony looked at Percy again, who was staring at the hero with large green eyes. "I'll be back soon, okay, Squirt?"

"Mm," Percy nodded, looking down at his shoes. He then launched himself at Tony, wrapping his small arms around the genius' metal shoulders. "Be safe and bring me something cool back," He whispered before jumping down and walking to stand next to Clint.

When the others left, the archer looked down at Percy with a raised brow, "Waffles?"

xxxxxxxxxxx

"That was the most stupid thing I have ever fought. Ever."

Steve sighed at Tony. Why did he have to be so dramatic? "Where's Percy and Clint?" He asked in hopes of getting Tony to stop rambling. It worked like a charm when Tony froze.

"Agent Barton and Little Stark are in the living room, Sir," JARVIS informed the armored hero.

"Barton told you to call him that, didn't he?" Steve sighed again.

"I am afraid that I do not understand quite what you mean, Captain."

"Of course you don't."

"Hey, Cap," Tony called from the living room. "You gotta see this."

Steve went over to the billionaire and smiled at the cute sight.

Clint and Percy were passed out on the couch. Percy was in between the archer's legs, leaning against his chest and drooling. Clint had one arm wrapped securely around the child's waist so he wouldn't fall while the other was hanging off the side of the couch. Steve even thought he saw a little bit of drool on the side of Clint's mouth.

Tony snapped a picture, all the while grinning like an idiot, "They look like brothers."

Steve was quiet for a moment, "I want a copy."

"Of course."