Chapter 12

Told you I'd wait three months.

-Yuki <3

--

Percy knew everyone was acting strange. He just didn't know why. It was confusing when some of the Avengers would shy away from him a bit when he got near and he didn't know what he did wrong. The only ones who seemed okay with him was Mr. Tony and Mr. Bruce. Mr. Bruce would give him a gentle smile and a pat on the shoulder when he came down to the lab and Mr. Tony would give him the biggest hugs ever and a cookie just before dinner time. He loved them. They were his heroes. They liked Percy for how he was. They liked Percy for Percy and he loved them for that. Mr. Tony and Mr. Bruce were the bestest people he could ever ask for.

The young demigod walked slowly into the kitchen, aware of the fact that all of the Avengers- besides Tony at the moment- were there. He bumped into someone and squeaked when he realized it was Mr. Steve. He wouldn't admit it but he was a little scared how the man would react to him. He had been shying away from him, too, and Percy was sure it was because of something he did. He just wanted to know what it was!

The super soldier didn't move away from the six year-old and flipped a pancake on the stove before looking down at the boy, "Hey, Percy. Good morning," He ruffled the kid's hair, grinning at him.

"Mm!" A smile bloomed on the young boy's face when the captain said that. Good, he wasn't going to avoid him. He waddled forward and stood on his tippy-toes, trying to peer over the stove. He squeaked again when he was suddenly in the air, held up by someone.

Clint laughed when he heard that, "He's like a squeaky toy! Come on, Perce, you gotta be careful. You could burn yourself."

Percy tried to scowl at the archer for the 'squeaky toy' comment but it was more like a pout. When he was put down, he went over to the table where Ms. Natasha, Mr. Bruce, and Mr. Thor were. Before he could try and get into his seat, Bruce tapped his shoulder, "Mm?"

"Hi, sorry, I know you just got here but could you go get Tony? He won't come upstairs for breakfast."

"Mm!" Percy dashed downstairs to the lab, intent on doing what Mr. Bruce asked. Yes, he could get Mr. Tony because he listened and Mr. Bruce had asked so nicely.

"You're making Percy sad," Natasha said, looking at each of the Avengers when the boy left. "He's not stupid, he knows something's up. You all keep avoiding him and it's messing him up."

"Aye, you are right," Thor nodded, voice sombre. "I must apologize. He only looks so much like my brother when he was that small. It is a bit... Unsettling."

Clint sighed, "It's weird, you know? I mean, I was trained for a lot but a demigod? It's taking some gettin' used to. The kid doesn't deserve this. He needs us- He needs a family."

Natasha studied her partner before she looked over at the man cooking, "Steve?" She brushed a strand of her fiery-red hair behind her shoulder, mouth set in a small line.

Steve put a pancake on a plate, chewing his lip thoughtfully, "Yeah, I didn't mean it. It's just... I'm not used to anything like this. I mean... We just fought aliens."

Natasha's hard gaze softened a small fraction and she nodded, "Times have changed, Captain. The world isn't how we thought it would be and we're not alone anymore. The only thing we can do is accept it and march on. Right?"

"Right," Steve nodded, taking in her words. "You're right."

"I know."

--

"Mm!" Percy was granted automatic access into the lab and he zoomed over to his Mr. Tony, who was sitting in front of one of his tables working on one of the Iron Man gauntlets. He stopped short before actually touching the genius, knowing that messing up his work would be bad. He giggled when Dum-E rolled over, beeping softly at him and holding out a pencil.

Tony turned around on his rolling chair when he heard the laugh and smiled at the child, who ended up sitting on the floor and rolling a ball to Dum-E. The loud blaring of AC/DC didn't seem to bother the six-year old but he still told JARVIS to turn the volume down. "Hey, kiddo, what're you doing here?"

Percy looked up, a lopsided grin on his face, and pointed towards the door while rubbing his stomach. He giggled again when Dum-E poked his stomach.

"Breakfast, huh?" Tony grinned at the child's happiness, "Alright, we can go."

Percy stood up before tilting his head, looking to the side, "Mm! Mm mm!" He pointed up wildly, looking at the billionaire.

Tony looked in the direction he was pointing and noticed the vent. Suddenly, it dawned on what the six year-old was trying to say, "Barton, get your feathery butt down here. Percy got ya."

"Damn," The cover came off and the archer jumped down, landing gracefully in a crouch. "How'd you know I was here?"

Percy smirked and put a finger to his lips. It was obvious he was going to keep this to himself. His little secret. He grabbed Mr. Tony's hand and proceeded to drag him towards the elevator. He was tired from running on the stairs. He knew Mr. Clint was following, just behind Mr. Tony, and that he wasn't avoiding him either.

The six year-old was about to go into the kitchen when Mr. Tony stopped him as he pulled him in for a hug, "Mm?"

"You don't have to worry about anything, kiddo," The genius whispered, running a hand through the child's dark locks. "I know there's something bothering you but you don't have to worry. I'm here for you, okay?"

Percy could feel the warmth from the hug, the safety and love it provided. It was like Mr. Tony didn't care about all of his faults. It was like Mr. Tony didn't care that he was different. Percy didn't know when he started sobbing in the genius' arms.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay..."

--

Okay, no, if we're being honest here, I haven't actually updated any of my stories in the last months. I just now got back on Wattpad. I've been focused a little too much on my fanfictions on Fanfiction.net.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and tell me what you thought!

-Yuki <3