1 > Step Towards Eleven

FREYA laughed.

Finn looked at his sister and sighed. It wasn't a wise decision to bring her here, at his school. While other elder sisters would scold their brother for 'harassing' a professor, his sister was among those who would laugh like a maniac and give a shrug.

His principal, Mr. Arthur, narrowed his eyes at Freya, irritated with her response. Finn couldn't help but notice, how the head was trying his best to keep civilities and not shout at his sister's incredulous attitude.

"Mrs. Whittlesea, your brother, threw a frog-" Finn interrupted with his hand. "Which was fake, sir."

His professor, Mr. George, who was the so-called victim of 'harassment', stood in another corner of the room. His voice boomed in the room as he pointed a finger at Finn. "You threw a frog at me, Finn Dave. I won't tolerate that!"

Finn tugged at his sister's tote bag to stop her from saying something foolish. She had a habit of blowing things out of her proportion when it came to him.

With a wicked grin on her face, Freya spoke. "He apologized for that, Mr. Arthur. It was a soft toy, a frog. In fact, you should be thankful he didn't throw a real one. He is very much capable of that."

Finn caught his sister by his arm and whispered. "Are you trying to help me out or worsen this situation?"

Freya shushed him with a swat on his hand. "It's okay. Don't worry. Let me see what he does," she whispered.

George glared at them with his lips pressed, clutching the fake frog in his hands. Finn stared back at him, not squirming when his sister spoke up. " And Mr. George, throwing this-" she pointed her hand at the frog,"Is not called harassment. You cannot suspend him for this small thing."

Mr. Arthur sighed, irritated and took a gulp of water from his glass. "Mrs.Whittlesea, explain your brother to tone it down a bit. I won't suspend him, and I hope he doesn't repeat this again."

His sister looked at George and grinned, triumphant that she won over the professor. George fumed and went out of the room, angry and frustrated.

"Oh, it won't happen again. Thank you, Mr. Arthur."

***

"Jesus, thank God he called you and not dad. He would have killed me," Finn said as they walked towards the parking lot. Freya shrugged and placed an arm on his shoulder. "That's why I am the coolest sister. Why did you throw that?"

"We were playing, and I got the dare. I thought George would shout at me and then cool off. I mean it was a soft toy but-" Finn laughed, the image clear in his head. "He shouted and looked petrified. I tried to tell him that it was a toy, but the head wouldn't listen. And, then he gave the most epic memory for students in the hallway.

"Don't do that again. Dad already warned you. If he gets another complaint, he might throw you of the house." Freya warned.

Finn chuckled and shook his head. "Mom is my shield. I am her baby. You know dad has to listen to her every time."

Freya scowled but didn't say anything. They continued walking when his sister laughed and tugged at his jacket. "There goes your wet dream, Finny."

He groaned and sucked a deep breath. It was none other than Eilidh March, parading towards the car, with her chin, tucked high.

Eilidh March.

Her cream color skirt flew as she walked with fast strides towards the car. The worn out a book was in her right hand and the keys in her left. Brown hair came across her shoulder, falling on her blue sleeveless shirt. She was pretty, and a tough nut to crack. When Finn had first approached her and pronounced her name as ay-lidh and not ay-lee, she had stared at him for a good minute, muttered something, and walked away without a single glance.