8 > Step Towards Four

| Dedicated to @eveninglatte for the beautiful cover|

***

              IT WAS meant to be a peck. A short, sweet kiss done in the moment of excitement.

That's what Finn thought when his lips had touched Eilidh's. Eilidh March's lips. The girl he had been fantasizing about for two years.

His palms tingled as he cradled her face in his hand and kissed her, eliciting soft moans and little gasp from her which unnerved all his senses. Finn tightened his hold on Eilidh's face, gently and tilted her head to deepen the kiss. Her hands fisted at the end of his shirt, and Finn let out a throaty groan.

Eilidh pulled away and put a hand on her chest, her breath coming out in puffs. Finn ran a hand through his hair as he took in her sight. Her eyes were hooded, and the parted lips, red from the effort did nothing to calm his senses.

Finn wanted to kiss her again. And, properly with the involvement of his tongue, sexy head holding, and her hands behind his neck.

"That was my first kiss." Eilidh blurted, still staring at him with wide eyes. She rubbed the back of her neck and raised her head up to the ceiling. Finn released a sudden gust of air when he registered her words. He didn't know what to say or do. The moment had gone from sexual tension to awkwardness.

Finn was Eilidh's first kiss. First kiss.

"Was it worth it?" He asked cheekily, ready to do whatever it took to lessen her embarrassment and make it a special memory for her. More than that, Finn needed a moment to handle himself.

Eilidh covered her eyes with one hand, and a smile twitched at her lips. She ran a hand through her hair. "I don't know. "

"I am glad to be your first kiss."

She blinked and closed her eyes. Her composure was back.

"Don't feel special," Eilidh muttered and straightened Finn's shirt she had fisted in her hands. Finn took hold of her wrists. "Hey."

"You should go now; it's late."

Finn followed Eilidh out. The silence between them bothered him. It was not thick with tension, but the one after a silence, when one didn't know what to do with the action.

When they reach the outer door, Finn leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Eilidh's cheek. "I want to kiss you again," he whispered. With that, Finn pecked her lips, and before Eilidh could react, he walked away with a grin on his face.

°°°

After lying for more or less than an hour on the bed, Finn gave up the thought of sleeping and took his phone from the nightstand. The kiss had been replaying in his mind, and the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to do it again. He glanced at the clock. It was half past twelve. He typed the message and after little hesitation sent it.

His hand drifted in his hair as he stared at the screen, eager to get a message from Eilidh. He doubted if she were able to sleep tonight. A minute later, the reply came.

Eilidh - Hello, Dave.

Finn- What's up?

Eilidh- That's a weird way of greeting, don't you think?

He frowned as he considered a reply.

Finn- 'What are you doing?' Better now?

Eilidh - Definitely. The internet slangs are killing the way of proper greetings. LOL, LMAO, ROFL << these make me cringe.