7 > Step Towards Five

FINN didn't understand the logics of rumors and gossips. For starters, who the heck gets to know when the person hasn't told anyone the venue. What is the probability that in an ice skating arena, a classmate of yours would find you with your half girlfriend and click a picture?

"That's called gossip, Finn," Max said as he dribbled the basketball, the sound thumping in Finn's ears.

"But," Finn ran a hand through his hair. "How? I am not even popular like that football jock. Why would someone be interested in my life?"

"It's cute how you act unaware of what girls think about you," Rebecca said, as she twirled a strand of her hair around her finger. "Girls like you. You are a combination of smart, handsome and athletic." She pointed her finger at him. "You know it too. Don't act too modest. Some of them start giggling when they see you and act dumb, dropping their books and crap." She added with a snort.

Finn knew girls liked him. He had even dated some of them back in years, but they never lasted more than six months. Being an athlete in a high school made you known whether someone wants it or not.

"I am certainly happy to hear that, you calling me handsome," Finn grinned, and told in a serious tone. "And, yes I aware that girls like me but I never lead them on."

"So, yeah, because, girls always fall over you, it was quite the news that you are dating Eilidh March," Max piped in. He continued. "What did Eilidh had to say about this?"

"Honestly," Finn shrugged and shook his head. "I don't know."

°°°

Finn zoned out the class as his Spanish teacher continued to explain them about the history and various terms related to it. He didn't hate Spanish, in fact, he liked learning new things but, today he was not in the mood.

He took out his phone from his pocket, being careful so as not to let the professor see and messaged Eilidh.

Finn- Everyone knows we are dating.

After a minute, the reply came.

Eilidh- I know.

I know? That's all she was going to say?

Finn- Don't you feel angry about this?

The professor turned around, not before looking Finn with narrowed eyes. Finn hid the phone. When the professor started the lecture again, he opened it again and saw her reply.

Eilidh- Yes. I did not want everyone to know, but it's out in open so, we better take it gracefully rather than negatively.

He grinned, happy at her response and texted back.

Finn- My positivity is already growing on you.

°°°

Every Tuesday, Finn came over to Freya's house to have dinner. It was a special brother-sister bonding day, and he always looked forward to this day.

"Hey, Finny! I missed you!" Freya gushed as she hugged Finn, and pinched his cheek.

"Good lord, Freya, it's just been a week," he exclaimed, and entered the apartment. Freya laughed, putting a hand around his shoulder. "You know I get excited whenever you come to meet me."

Finn rubbed his forehead with his palm. "Yeah, more like excited to know about my personal life and meddle in my business."

"You are the only source of gossip in my life." Freya glanced at him. "Come in the kitchen. You talk, and I cook."