Chapter Five - You can trust me

Jake P.O.V.

I know I told Melissa that we'd go at her pace, but her pace was killing me. I'd only managed a few stolen pecks since that day in my bedroom and that was a week ago. What the hell was I thinking anyway? I didn't go at anyone's pace, but my own. So why was I catering to her? I knew that she was more than likely a virgin and from the way she kissed I knew she had little to no experience with even kissing. Normally that would have me running in the opposite direction, but it actually made her more attracted to her. I'd never been enticed by pure innocence before, so I was walking in blind. I was out of my element, which was also part of the turn on. She was so different than all of those slutty girls who threw themselves at me. I was tired of it. So I was trying to be patient with Melissa, but I was used to getting regular sex and my body was craving it more than anything in the world. I'd taken a record number of cold showers this week and wondered how much more I could take before I snapped. Our school schedules didn't really match up, so we didn't see each other during school. So my friends still didn't know about her. That was probably for the best. I wasn't ashamed of Melissa, but I didn't want my friends to make her feel uncomfortable with the inevitable teasing. Plus, they would give me flack if they knew I'd gone soft over a nerdy virgin. I didn't need that grief. Ok, so maybe I was acting shallow, but I couldn't change overnight, right?

Brittany was another problem. I figured she would have gotten the hint when I left her place the other day. I mean, I hadn't been nice. Any sane girl would have never spoke to me again. I was quickly learning that Brittany wasn't sane and she considered me her property. That was becoming a huge problem. I couldn't even say hi to another girl without Brittany tearing into her. It was ridiculous and had to stop. It was actually a good thing that I didn't see Melissa during the day. What would Brittany do to Mel if she knew that I was sniffing around her? Hell, I was doing more than sniffing. I wanted Melissa Stone more than I'd ever wanted another girl.

This brings me to my third and final problem. I had dropped Melissa off several times this week and each time, she had me drop her at some house across town. Yesterday I'd finally had enough and circled the block after dropping her off. I had watched as Melissa didn't bother to go inside the house where I dropped her, but instead walked away. I had then driven across town and parked around the block from the shack that I'd seen Melissa enter before. Sure enough, she showed up not too long later. So what was her deal? The house where she'd instructed me to drop her off wasn't a bad looking house. Why would she choose to leave it and live in a dump like that shack? What was going on inside that house that was so bad it made her leave?

Today I was going to find out, I decided, as I made my way to the library. It was Friday and we had a home football game scheduled for seven o'clock. So I'd worked out with Melissa that we'd meet for an hour in the library today. She was already there when I walked in. Instead of sitting across from her, I sat right next to her and buried my face in her neck. She giggled and tried to push me away. I smiled against her skin. I'd never had this much fun with a girl before, outside of a bedroom. I actually liked spending time with Melissa doing other things. That was new for me, but I was done questioning it. I was just embracing the fact that Melissa Stone was different and currently the center of my obsession. It had taken her only two weeks to get completely under my skin.

"Jake, cut it out. We only have an hour tutoring session today, so we need to get to work." Melissa said, trying to sound serious.

"God, I love it when you're bossy." I teased her, but moved into my own space and lay my geometry homework on the table. We got right to work and I'll be damned if I wasn't turned on by Melissa talking about math equations.

By the end of the hour, I was ready to bend her over the table and show her exactly how she affected me. Instead, I followed her out to the parking lot and insisted on driving her home, no matter how much she protested. I knew she was probably thinking about the long walk she'd have back to the shack, but what she didn't realize was that I planned on driving her right up to her shack's front door and demanding answers. I did just that a moment later.