I. Fear and Confusion

*takes places in about the early 1900s* 

There was yelling and screaming in the distance, followed by about a dozen running footsteps a few horses hooves could be heard, "FIND HIM! WE CAN'T LET HIM GET AWAY!"

My chest is heavy and my lungs feel like collapsing. The pain that has spread throughout my body is unbearable. I want to stop running, I can hardly see where I'm going, but I have to keep running, I have to get away. Twigs and branches, snap and break beneath my bloody and panicked feet. As the snow crunches and turns red beneath my blood soaked feet,  I have to keep going. The air is cold, making it hard to breathe, let alone breathe in deeply without sharp pains coursing through my throat and lungs.

I struggle to breathe, my eyes tearing up from the sharp cold winds stinging my face. I stop for a moment to try and gather myself. Finally after over 100 years I was able to escape, now I just had to find my family. They had managed to break free and distract the humans while I ran off into the woods to get away.

My family consists of 3 giant wolf like creatures, called hellhounds, that stand at 5 and a half feet tall, and a solid white cat with crystal blue eyes that can turn into a sabretooth and can take on the exact form of what they have told me, my mother use to look like...

I stood there amongst the snow and ice covered trees, my head pounding, everything around me spinning. I stumble a few steps forward with my tail, and my remaining wing still partially attached to my back, dragging behind me on the ground. I just remember all the blood and pain before I heard a loud metal sound and let out a whimper, as I felt something clamp onto my leg with a dullish pain. Then I blacked out.

I don't know how much time passed, but I'm starting to come to and I hear voices over me. I'm scared. I don't want to go back... I just want to die... Why won't death come for me? It's all I've ever wanted all I've ever longed for... To be free of my suffering... What did I ever do wrong? Why was I ever born?

I can smell that the voices come from humans. I'm terrified of humans. I hear them talking, then I hear a loud sound and the pain in my leg begins to dull. I feel a warm liquid, which I assume is blood, pouring down my leg. Then, I feel someone put pressure on my leg as if to stop the bleeding. I'm so confused.

I slowly open my eyes... I don't recognize them. They don't seem to be with the other humans, but I'm still afraid. I know the others are close, I want to get away... They see I'm awake, I don't know what they're saying. My head hurts so much... I snap up to try and get away. I swipe at the man holding cloth to the wound on my leg, slicing him on the face under his left eye, with my claws. I try to get up and run, but he grabs me. I sink my teeth deep into his left arm, piercing the skin and tasting his blood that pours into my mouth. His blood is oddly comforting and soothing, my mind is starting to go blank. My mouth is sore, it hurts to bite, but I don't want to be caged anymore...He brings his free hand up and I flinch shutting my eyes tight.

I'm so confused right now... I don't understand what is going on... He's just holding me, running his hand through my blood and dirt covered hair. He tells me, "It's okay, you're safe now".

Nowhere is safe as long as I am alive. I just want to die.

This man is muscular with a slight tan but still pale looking. He has short raven black hair, but his bangs are in his sharp captivating gold colored eyes. He looks about to be in his mid twenties and about maybe 6 foot tall. This man has big strong hands... They're comforting to me but I don't want them to be. He'd be attractive,  if men didn't terrify me.

There are two others but my eyes won't focus. I feel my body going numb. I release the mans arm unwillingly from my grip, leaning against his body for support... I still want to get away but, I have no energy left and darkness is taking over me. My eyes won't stay open any longer. What will become of me now? Another cage? More chains and pain?