VII. Curiosity Killed the Cat...

*Continuation from the time skip in chapter 5*

Ryuichi's POV

-Ryuichi's rants and views over things the past couple of weeks-

Snow over the past couple weeks, has become very use to taking a bath. He is not afraid of it anymore and seems to rather enjoy it. At times it is like he looks forward to it. He plays around outside most of the day, while I'm gone, with the wolves and cat causing him to get dirty, and needing a bath by the end of the day. When he takes a bath, after I get done helping him, generally the black wolf and cat have already joined in, so he has his fun in giving them a bath.

He's picked up cooking and cleaning from Yuko, and now does the cooking and cleaning, without even having to be asked. Whenever there is a mess, he cleans it even if I am about to do it myself. He cooks breakfast every morning and has it ready about the time I roll out of bed. Generally he also has dinner cooked by about 7, which is when I'm walking in, unless work runs late. If I'm running late, he'll have dinner made and will be waiting for me to return.

Every day without fail, as soon as I open the front door... Snow comes running from where ever he is at, and stands in front of me to greet me with his tail wagging excitedly. I always pat his head and ruffle his hair, before walking off with him following close behind me.

I don't know if he eats during the day when I'm gone, but I know most mornings I have to practically force food down his throat, and in the evenings he hesitates to eat even though he's the one who made it.

Just a couple days ago he watched me do the laundry. Now once there is enough dirty clothes, he goes and does the laundry himself...

My family, who I no longer am on speaking terms with, use to tell me I needed to get married so my wife would do the cooking, cleaning and the laundry...Yeah, okay, but with that comes with the responsibility of having to care for her, and what if she wants to start a family? I don't want kids! Plus what would happen once I get bored of her? I get bored of people easily. I move from one woman to the next, because after a while they get predictable and boring. This way I don't have to settle down with one particular person either.

With Snow though, I've never once told him he had to do anything, he just went ahead and did it. He's also entertaining to have around, he's already been here a few weeks and I haven't grown bored of him yet.

There's always something new with him. His little habits and the somewhat weird way he does some things, really intrigues me. It's also kind of hard to get mad at him when he makes a mistake, or breaks something and tries his hardest to correct it or fix it. He always gets scared when he does something wrong, like I'm going to yell at him or hit him for what he did...It just makes me want to hold him and tell him it's not that big of a deal, it'll be okay....The way his eyes look, when he's on the verge of crying because he thinks I'm disappointed in him...Or when he doesn't know something or how to do something, so I have to show him... It's just too cute... What the hell is wrong with me...?

He still doesn't sleep very much, due to waking up crying when he sleeps past a certain length of time. I'm guessing he has bad nightmares, that terrify him to go to sleep...

Every now and then though, when he's extremely tired to the point his eyes won't stay open, he will climb into my lap, or my bed if I'm already asleep, and just fall asleep on me or right next to me. When that happens, he will sleep for a good couple hours before waking up and doing whatever. Even if I'm in the middle of doing something; when he climbs into my lap, I would feel guilty for waking him up or moving him... So I let him be till he wakes up...