Chapter 11

Here is a picture of Bella^^^

Happy Reading :)

~ ~ ~

I took the large bowl of pasta salad out of the refrigerator and set it out on the counter. I looked around the kitchen to make sure that everything was where it needed to be. Everyone would be here soon and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Today was the day; my welcome home party.

Presley, the family dog barked happily and ran through the room. He could sense the excitement in the air. He jumped around for attention whenever someone passed by.

My grandmother, Carol, Samantha, and my mother were in the backyard setting up tables and decorations of some sort.

Angela entered then and smiled brightly. "Hey, Bella. Do you know where my mom is?"

"She's in the backyard." I answered.

She nodded and went out to the back with a parting smile.

Miranda and Victor had told me that only relatives and close family friends were going to be here today. Only those who had known me before everything were going coming.

That little fact alone was what sent my nerves into a frenzy. I was afraid that I wouldn't meet the expectations that they had for the six year-old version of me. They would look at me differently. Think of me differently.

I didn't know when it had become so important to me, but I wanted them to accept me.

Miranda and Samantha entered the house just then with Angela trailing behind them.

"Just hear me out, mom, it's the last party of the summer!" Angela was saying.

"I don't care, Angela." Samantha said. "It's your cousin's welcome home party and you will not miss it."

"I'm not going to miss anything, though. The welcome home party will probably end at like seven. That gives me plenty of time to make it to the other party." Angela went on.

They all stood on the other side of the counter, Miranda stepped away slightly.

"I'm not having this discussion. Today is about Bella. End of story." Samantha said with finality.

Angela deflated. She glanced over at me and her face lit up before she turned back to her mother. "What if Bella comes with me?"

Samantha looked at her, unamused. "Angela."

"Think about it!" Angela said immediately. "Bella can meet everyone she's going to be at school with. It'll be easier for her if she knows people before her first day."

Everyone was silent for a moment. I couldn't help but contemplate her words as well. It did seem like a decent plan; meeting my future classmates.

"Well, Bella has never been to a party like that, Ange." Miranda said. "It might overwhelm her."

I took this moment to speak up. "I don't mind going."

Angela grinned. "See?"

Samantha held her hand up to silence her daughter. "Bella, the type of party that she wants to go to isn't anything you've done before. It's not going to be like this family gathering."

"I'll look after her, mom, I promise." Angela said pleadingly.

"It could be beneficial for me to meet these people. I am going to be in school with them." I added.