Chapter 34

~ ~ ~

~Sebastian~

~ ~ ~

I walked into the kitchen, trying to shake the anger still running through my veins. I didn't normally lose my cool like that, but Jeremy had gone too far. I saw the way he had been looking at Bella all night; I knew he wanted her.

I also knew that he saw the looks that I had been sending him, telling him to back off. I should have known Misty would try to pull something like that on the dare. I never wanted Bella in that game in the first place, but I could tell she wanted to be a part of something. I just couldn't say no after seeing that hopeful look in her beautiful blue eyes.

Everything about her completely held my focus. Seeing her every day in her school uniform, her hair tied into a ponytail, I thought she was gorgeous. I didn't think she could make me want her any more until I saw her tonight.

Her hair curled around her delicate face, her eyes defined and nearly glowing, her lips bright red and so, so tempting. She was all that I could see. A beautiful red gem in a sea of diamonds, and she glowed the brightest.

I grabbed a water bottle and held it tightly in my hands. I took a deep breath, preparing to go back out and see her. She looked flushed earlier, something that didn't happen very often. I could only assume that Jeremy's actions had really shaken her. I turned to go back out when a high-pitched giggle grabbed my attention.

"Monica! Let me up!" I looked over the counter where Angela was lying flat on the ground with her friend sitting firmly on her back.

Katherine was sitting at the dining room table, sipping a water bottle and watching with amusement. Angela looked up at me and gasped.

"Sebastian, help me, please!" She exclaimed, holding a hand out to me.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Sorry, Ange, looks like this is out of my hands."

She sighed heavily, letting her outstretched arm drop to the ground. She propped her chin up on her palm and looked up at me with a small smile.

"Fine." She relented. "Where's Bella?"

I gestured behind me. "She's actually waiting for me, so I should be going." I started to turn and leave.

"Seb, wait." I halted in my steps. She hadn't called me that since before Jamie. She stared up at me with a hesitant smile. "Be good to her, okay? She trusts you."

I blinked back my surprise before nodding once. This was the first time since the rumors started that Angela was acting like this towards me; like I was still her friend. I almost forgot what it felt like.

I turned away and made my way back to the living room. I moved around the small groups that had formed and searched for Bella. A hand dropped onto my shoulder and I glanced over at Thomas.

Thomas and I were friends, but we weren't actually close. After my downfall with Eric and Angela, my closest friends, I was left without really anyone. Thomas was a cool guy, decent and nice, but after the betrayal I had gone through, I decided it was best to just keep to myself. Aside from the occasional conversation in the school hallway or at parties, we didn't really talk much.

Unfortunately, keeping to myself made people more curious. Naturally, more rumours were created and I never denied any of them. Girls liked the mystery that was created around me, so they made desperate passes at me. It had been fun at first, but it grew old fast. They were only skin deep, something I just couldn't deal with long term.

Then Bella showed up and everything changed.

Thomas looked at me with serious eyes. "You okay, man?"