Chapter 8

You gloomy walked downstairs and into the kitchen, getting a plate of hot and steaming breakfast spaghetti. You sunk down into the couch in the living room and poked at your food. Your appetite disappeared along with your good mood. Sans was unusually quiet but Papyrus was oblivious to it all. "IS EVERYONE ENJOYING THEIR SPAGHETTI?" "mhm." Sans said, simply. "Yeah, it's good." "REALLY?? THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL COMPLIMENTS." He took a bow and went to wash the dishes.

You almost smiled. Almost.

Sans "finished" his spaghetti, zipped up his jacket, and walked out the door. He didn't look at you, or even bothered asking if you wanted to come. You were close to slamming down your spaghetti and chasing after him, but instead walked to the kitchen and politely put it in the refrigerator. You raced to open the front door to attempt to catch up with Sans, but he wasn't in sight. You walked outside and closed the door behind you. You knew you didn't have a jacket, but didn't care.

You shivered and walked through Snowdin and into Grillby's. He has to be here. He's always here. But he wasn't. Your heart sank a bit as you left and treaded in the snow, hugging your middle tightly and shivering. Eventually you gave up and walked back "home". Papyrus left for his 1 on 1 training with Undyne which left the house alone to you again. You went back upstairs and went to sleep in Sans' bed.

~Time Skip~

After an hour you woke up, still with nothing to do. Luckily, Papyrus returned a half hour later and stuck his head into the room. You were sitting on the edge of the bed staring at the floor. "Y/N, ARE YOU FEELING OK?" You stared at him not knowing how to respond. Instead, you walked up to him and hugged him to hide your face. He kneeled down and hugged you back. "If you need something, you can talk to me." His voice was different. It was caring and soothing, making you feel a tad better. "Thanks Papyrus." You flashed him a smile as he stood up fully. "NO PROBLEM Y/N!" He walked out and went back down stairs to watch TV.

You let out a big breath of air and tried to forget it all while laying back on the bed. Maybe you were fooling yourself into thinking there was something between you and him. I should probably just try to forget h- "hey." You lifted your head and your stomach flipped. "Speak of the devil." you muttered. I didn't even hear him come in. His hands were in his pocket as usual as he walked over and took a seat next to you. "so, what's up?" You looked at him aggravated. "What's up? You just left without saying a word to me and you ask me "what's up?" You could almost taste the venom from your words. He looked a bit hurt and stood up again. "im sorry. i didn't think you would care." "You really thought I wouldn't care? What a funny joke." You laughed sarcastically.

"well you could have just told me. i would have waited for you." "I tried to follow you, but you were walking so fast. Where were you anyways?" "uh. i-i was at Grillby's." "No you weren't." You hissed. Now he's lying to me? You stood up to leave but he grabbed your hand and caught you. "What are you doing? Let go of me!" "wait. don't go, please." He looked at you sadly. You felt your anger soften a bit as you sat back down. He started reaching into his jacket pocket. "i got you something."

He pulled out a tiny box and revealed a necklace in your favorite color(s). You now felt terrible. He gently put it around your neck. "i didn't get a chance to say what i wanted to earlier, so ill say it now." He said with a weak smile. "y/n, i really like you. you're one of the most amazing people ive known, second only to my brother." You smiled and blushed. "I really like you too, Sans." You hugged and kissed him. "I'm so sorry about yelling at you. I didn't mean it." You looked at the floor and hoped he wasn't too mad at you. "don't sweat it, kiddo." You were relieved to see his normal grin.

"anyways, i'm tired. wanna take a nap with me?" He winked at you. You blushed harder and nodded, getting into the covers. You weren't tired but you missed him a lot. He took off his jacket and dropped it on the floor and joined you. You scooted closer to him as he draped an arm protectively around your waist and fell asleep. "I love you, Sans." He didn't reply or open his eyes, but smiled and kissed your forehead. You closed your eyes while holding your new necklace and eventually dozed off.