Chapter 13

"how are you alive then?" "I don't know. I woke up and Alphys was telling me to grab the device and we ended up here." They looked as confused as me so I stopped questioning them. I peered over to where Undyne was being trapped and saw that she had already reverted back to her normal form while Alphys watched carefully. The souls floated out of her body and Undyne collapsed as the dimension vanished, bring us back to the judgement hall. Y/N's soul floated back to where it rightfully belonged and I could see the color in their skin returning fully.

Alphys walked over and examined Y/N to make sure they were ok. "alphys, how did you know where we were? and how was y/n conscious after getting their soul taken out?" "W-well, I sort of put a t-tracking device on your j-jacket before y-you left out." I pulled off my jacket to see a tiny gray blinking chip on the shoulder. I smirked. "A-and their soul. I just g-gave them a monster s-soul." She said it so casually as if she had done it before. weird. Y/N stood there processing everything that was just said and then looked as if they had seen a ghost.

"I'm gonna be okay though, right?" "O-of course!" Alphys assured them, earning her a hug and a thanks. She then returned to the device to turn it off and release the souls into a special container. "I didn't see A-Asgore anywhere, so how did s-she get the souls?" "she killed him." I said bluntly. "W-WHAT?" She shot the now unconscious Undyne a disapproving look and let out a long sigh. "W-well, could you help me t-take her back?" I hesitated as I wanted nothing to do with that traitor, but Alphys did save me. I sighed and agreed, stating that it was only for what she did for me. I used my magic to easily lift her off the ground.

I realized how quiet Y/N had gotten and turned around to see them missing. Panic shot through me as I assumed something had happened. I heard tiny footsteps running from the garden and into the hallway. "I DID IT!" They had a huge grin on their face. "did what?" Alphys and I replied. "THE BARRIER! ITS GONE! COME LOOK!" Undyne was going to have to wait and I somewhat gently put her body back on the ground. The 3 of us rushed towards the barrier room and was met with beautiful, warm sunlight as well as fresh air. I took a minute to appreciate this moment and held Y/N close. "wow kid. you really did it, huh? im proud of ya." I could care less how they did it but Alphys went into explaining everything.

"A m-monster soul mixed with a-a human soul m-must have been all that was needed to o-open it." She closed her eyes and let the cool breeze blow in her face. "we should probably go tell everyone else." "Yeah." Alphys and Y/N said in unison.

A/N: Yes, I know that a monster soul + a human soul would simply allow you to CROSS the barrier, but I felt kind of bad for the souls being just used to break the barrier. owo

~Your P.O.V + Time Skip~

"hey kid, it's time for breakfast." You opened your eyes and saw Sans staring in your face, startling you. "Saaaans, don't scare me like that." you grinned and got out of the bed. "fine. im sorry." He kissed you on your cheek.

You followed Sans downstairs and joined him and Papyrus at the table. A month had past since you first broke the barrier and you now lived with the skeleton brothers as you didn't have any parents. Undyne was eventually forgiven for what she had did but had to do community service for Asgore's death. Alphys was the one who kept an eye on her which either one didn't mind. The humans of the town surprisingly accepted the monsters quite easily and it finally seemed like harmony had been restored.

The remaining humans souls were released permanently in fear of someone abusing their power once again.

Once you sat down, Papyrus sat a huge plate of pancakes down on the table. He had brought tons of cookbooks from what he called "human stores" and taught his self. His cooking had improved greatly and he had even earned himself a bit of fame. Toriel had become a teacher and Mettaton a "surface star". You held your two necklaces close to your heart and remembered when you received both. The second one was a heart with the date that Sans officially asked you to be his (girl/boy)friend. You could feel your cheeks and ears get hot and Sans looked at you while grinning.

After breakfast, you went back upstairs to wash up as usual. Once you finished, you found a note from Sans on the bathroom door. Wonder what this is for. It had a location for you to meet him at. After brushing your hair and putting on your jacket, you walked towards the location. It was a single bench in a field of gold flowers. You approached Sans and saw him blushing harder than ever. "So..?" He gestured for you to sit down next to him and you looked down to see your surprise. In the vast meadow of yellow shimmering flowers, you saw violets that contrasted greatly. They read: I love you, Y/N.

You giggled and hugged him. "I love you too."