Chapter 11

~Sans P.O.V~

I continued walking through Hotland and stopped in front of Alphys' lab when I heard footsteps. I turned to see Undyne walking to where I just came from. i thought she passed through here already? She was out of my line of sight, and what was worse was that she didn't have Y/N. she couldn't have taken them to the castle yet, so wher- My eyes caught a glimpse of the entrance where she came from. The rock wasn't lined up with normal pattern for Hotland. I walked closer and saw that it was, in fact, an alternative route that I've never seen before.

I pushed the rock through quite easily and saw that it led directly behind Undyne's house. but why would she need an alternate route into hotland? I walked around the house quickly in fear that she would return. The front door was of course locked, so I teleported inside. Nothing was out of the ordinary, the house was exactly how it looked when Papyrus came over for training. Except..

since when did she have another door here? The door was a different shade of blue upon closer inspection and looked much newer than the rest. I opened it and was met with pitch black. I walked around and felt the wall for some sort of light switch and eventually found one. It only lit up the front entrance of the room which forced me to strain my pinpricks to be able to see. The room looked old and plain with a jail cell. I walked closer and looked inside to see someone balled up in the corner, their face hidden. They were also trembling and muttering something. "p-please.. please d-don't kill me.."

My imaginary stomach turned when I realized it was Y/N. "oh my god, y/n. a-are you ok, kiddo? ill get you out of there." "Sans.. " their voice was shaky as they turned to face their tear stained face towards me. They looked so weak and hurt and I was burning up in anger. I didn't have time to look for a key so I teleported inside, carefully picked them up, and teleported back out. The closer I walked towards the light, the more I could see the cuts and bruises that had been inflicted on them. A few of them were still bleeding out.

They looked so beaten up but when my eyes met their own, they smiled and began tearing up. "i knew y-you'd come for me." It was too much for me and I began tearing up as well while hugging them closer. "of course. y/n, ill make sure this never happens again. i love you." now how am i going to get them fixed up? I switched my grip on them to carry them more comfortably and walked through the front door. I walked back into Alphys' lab and once she saw me her mouth and eyes flew open.

"O-oh my g-goodness. W-what happened to t-them?" "undyne." I spat out bitterly. Alphys looked at the floor and shook her head. "I d-didn't know s-she was like that.." She sighed and immediately gestured me to follow her up..escalator. Once up there Alphys quickly cleared a table and I gently placed Y/N on the table. Alphys left quickly, presumably to get first aid supplies which left me with Y/N. They were mumbling something about souls. They tried to sit up but winced in pain. "don't move too much. but what about souls, y/n?" "undyne. she's gonna absorb the souls." My mind began flooding with terrible thoughts once again. "she wants to destroy humanity."

Alphys returned and began bandaging Y/N and giving them medicine for the pain. In no time they were up on their feet but I could tell they weren't fully up to par. Meanwhile I told Alphys what Undyne planned on doing with the souls and her face filled with shock. She instantly programmed a robot that built a weird invention, which she handed to me. "I-It's a s-s-soul extractor. I-If you don't m-make it before she absorbs the s-souls, use t-this. It will k-knock her out a-as well." She paused. "P-please don't k-kill her." She looked at her feet and shamefully blushed before looking back up at me. I nodded and waited until Y/N had recovered a bit more. Alphys patted me on the back and told me to get going. Y/N looked much better so we quickly left the lab to go find Undyne.

We quickly walked through Hotland, past the core, and into the judgement hall. -thump- -thump- I paused and stood in front of Y/N protectively. -thump- -thump- The noise got closer and sounded much louder than expected. I handed them the device on the chance I couldn't do it. "on second thought, go hide, kid." They nodded, took the device, and hid behind a pale tan colored column. -thump- A huge armored right foot came into view, followed by a left one. The giant walked in, their face covered but familiar red hair flowed from behind their head.

(I suck at descriptions so here you go)

The chest plate had a heart shaped hole where the last soul, Y/N's, would go. She looked very intimidating.

The long spear in her hand glowed between the colors of orange, purple, blue, and light blue. A glowing yellow orb met my own eyes and I got stiff. Not a single word was exchanged as she took a running start at me. I teleported out of the way at the last second but just barely dodged an illuminated spear thrown at me. Y/N looked terrified and I motioned for them to stay still. Undyne looked over to where I was staring at and caught a glimpse of Y/N. damn it. I wasn't quick enough as she roughly picked up Y/N and dangled them from a foot. The device was still out of sight behind the column.

Without a second thought, Undyne reached into, yes into, Y/N's chest and pulled out a red heart shaped soul. I was frozen as I watched on in horror; Y/N's eyes closed and they went limp. Undyne took the heart and placed it in its respectful place and chucked Y/N's body into the air. I caught them just in time feeling how cold their body was. The room filled with a blinding, bright light as the souls transformed Undyne into a omnipotent being.