Chapter 10

now where could they have gone?

I examined the ground for footprints around the house and found a trail leading towards Waterfall. "i'm coming for you, y/n. just hang on." I murmured to myself. Dark thoughts clouded my head and I could feel tears stinging my eyes. I entered Waterfall where I saw my station and Monster Kid, who was looking very excited. I approached him as he bouncing up and down with wide eyes and a big smile. "do you know where undyne went?" "Yo! She was on her way to the King's castle! She had a human, we're all gonna be free!!!" His eyes got even bigger and he danced in place.

I could feel the dread coursing through out my skeletal body. i could teleport if i wanted to but i wouldn't have enough magic left to fight her, if needed. Instead, I quickened my pace and made my way through to Hotland. Alphys was blushing and stammering more than usual, an indication Undyne had been through here recently. I asked her where Undyne was going but she didn't tell her. i have no choice. i have to teleport to the judgement hall. My eye flared with an aqua mist and soon my pink slippers met the orange and yellow tiled floor of the hallway.

I didn't want to waste my time waiting for them so I decided to shorten the journey for her. I walked through the core, MTT Resort, and into the last bit of Hotland. Undyne was no where to be seen. Luckily two Royal guards were patrolling the area. these guys are my last hope in finding y/n. "excuse me. have either of you two seen undyne around here?" "Nah, bro. She hasn't passed through here since yesterday." how is that possible?

~Your P.O.V.~

You could feel yourself being dragged, though you couldn't see a thing. Your bruises and cuts prevented you from lifting a hand to feel where you were. "..ugh" You groaned and tried to rub the pain on your leg away. "Can it, runt. I can finally make it to the surface and end humanity. Your soul will be the last and final piece in the puzzle." She snarled and dragged the bag more viciously, the ground bumping into your injuries. After some time, she reached what you assumed was her destination. You could hear a door slam behind you and your forehead had beads of sweat.

She turned whatever you were in and roughly dumped you onto the floor, you landing clumsily on your head. A sack landed on the right of you and Undyne looked down on you, making you feel tiny as ever. "..w-what do you mean by "you" can make it to surface?" A corrupt smile spreaded across her face allowing you to see each of her sharp teeth. Her scales glistened a navy blue with hints of green, in the light of the room. Her fins were located on the side of her face and with red accents at the end.

A fish, huh?

"I know you've heard about the barrier keeping us monsters trapped down here, and how it needs 7 human souls in order to break it. Well instead of Asgore opening it, I'm going to. I'm going to absorb all of the human souls and destroy humanity." She said it as though it meant nothing.

You regained a bit of strength to at least sit up properly, which also allowed you to see the room. There was a piano to your left and a counter with a stove in front of you. A table, which was on top of a purple rug, was to your right. The floor was covered in baby yellow and lavender tiles. "Why haven't you killed me already?" She looked at you as if you were dirt. "Do you see your current state? You're as weak as ever, though its not like you weren't already before. However, in order for this to work, your soul has to be intact."

She grabbed you by your shirt front and dragged you into a basement. You could just barely see a single rusty jail cell. She threw you inside and locked the door. The floors and walls were made of stone, which had damp moss growing on it. It was cold and the only thing in the cell was an old metal bowl. The paint on the bars that prevented you from escaping was chipping, and revealed an ugly rusty color.

There were absolutely no windows and you could tell the walls were thick. Undyne said something about going to get the rest of the souls, but you stopped listening to her. She walked towards the basement door, gave you one last death glance and left. The room was plunged into complete silence and darkness. You started to cry and began thinking about Sans. Did he even know where you were or that you were missing? Was he even coming for you? You curled up into a tiny ball with your body throbbing with pain and cried yourself to sleep.