|Reminder|

You watched as the ball hit the backboard of the basketball goal and bounce right back down onto the hardwood floor. You groaned of aggravation as sweat streamed the down your face disguising your dry tear streaks. You grabbed another ball from the rack and threw it was such strength, that you could've sworn it would've cracked someone's skull if someone were with you.

"Hey." You heard from behind and you turned to see pretty boy Prescott,aka, Nathan Prescott.

You didn't know how you became acquainted with an asshole like him, but you guys somehow clicked.

"Hey." You greeted back bluntly, running your fingers through your sweaty hair.

"So, why are you still here? Don't tell me you don't have a life outside of basketball." He said jokingly with a snicker.

"Sure, I guess." You said before reaching for yet another basketball from the rack. When you were about to shoot, Nathan grabbed your arm and you ripped away from his grasp.

"What's wrong with you?!"He hollered in the court room,making him sound louder than he already was.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you!? What's wrong with everyone acting like everything's normal!?" The girl spit back.

"Wha-"

"My cousin is missing Nathan and no one even cares." She quietly spoke.

It took Nathan awhile to adjust to what she had just said and he realized just who she was speaking about.

"You mean Rachel Amber."He spoke trying to convince himself that she wasn't the person she was speaking about.

She nodded.

Nathan always wondered why the two would hate each other, but yet help each other in times of need.

Rachel and Y/N had big dreams. Rachel wanted to be a model and Y/N wanted to be a basketball player. They'd always promise each other if one of them made it, they would bring the other with them. Ever since the Amber Alert, Y/N had been a mess. She was beginning to get sloppy with her basketball games and has looked like she hasn't slept in days.

Nathan knew what happened to Rachel and had felt guilty ever since, but now knowing he's fucked up one of the girls he honestly cared about made his stomach drop and formed a lump in his throat.

Nathan didn't know what to do and awkwardly wrapped his arms around the sweaty female and embraced her into a hug. Once her head made contact with his chest, she let out a pained sobbed. A sob that was filled with so much sadness and heartbreak it made him want to cry because he was apart of the cause of her pain.

Maybe this was a reminder that he truly did fuck up this time.