06

Summer Vacation

"Hey, Dip!" A cheerful voice said.

"(Y-Y/N)..." Dipper's voiced cracked.

"What is it?" (Y/N) answered. "Did something happen?"

"No. I'm going to Gravity Falls for the summer." Dipper said quietly. "I won't be back until after my fourteenth birthday."

"Wait, what?" (Y/N) screamed into the phone. "I-I had a whole plan for us! (Y/F/N), Dan, Marco, Grace- they're all in on the surprise! Just ask them, it's awesome!" She cried. "Don't go!"

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). But I want to go." He said softly. "I have family and friends there, too. Even Stan and Ford are coming back, just to see Mabel, Waddles and I."

"Who the hell-"

(Y/N)'s (mom/guardian) could be heard shouting. "(Y/n)! Language!"

She ignored her. "-are Stan and Ford..? And MABEL's coming!?" She screeched.

"Yeah." He said quietly.

"But- you can't go. I had something planned. Dan was even willing to wear a tie, as long as you have a happy Birthday."

Dipper chuckled softly. "As much as I want to see the impossible, I'm going to Gravity Falls." He said in a firm tone.

"If it makes you happy." (Y/N) said. "Just- don't forget us, alrigh-"

Dipper laughed loudly. "(Y/N), It will only be for a few months!" He chuckled.

"I know." (Y/N) replied, "I just don't want them to replace me. Best friends, right?"

Dipper felt his cheeks get warm, until he realised that she used the word 'Best Friend'.

"I won't." Dipper promised, trying not to sound as if someone had stabbed him in the chest. "Best.. Friends." Dipper said, spitting out the word 'friends' as if it were a profanity.

"Alright, Dippy Fresh!" (Y/N) laughed. Dipper rolled his eyes. Ever since he told (Y/N), and (Y/N) only, about what happened last year, she kept repeating the joke. "For now, we hang out as much as possible until you have to leave." She said firmly. Dipper's heart raced.

"O-okay. Yes. Absolutely. Definitely!" He stuttered.

(Y/N) laughed. "Meet you at McDonalds in ten minutes, Dipper."

"Ten-!? But I can't-"

"Ten." She confirmed. She ended the call.

"How stubborn." Dipper thought, glaring at the phone. He shoved it into his pocket and ran off to get his shoes.

"It's... actually kind of cute."