09

8 Days Before Summer 2014

"Hey, Dipper?" Mabel said, flipping through her scrapbook.

"Yeah, Mabel?" Dipper said distractedly, writing in his journal.

"Do you love (Y/N)?"

Silence.

"Do you?"

A long, awkward pause.

"I-I think so. I mean, n-not love, because we just met, maybe more of like-like..."

Mabel closed her scrapbook. "Dipper..."

"Yeah?"

"I-If you... want..." Mabel's eyes watered. "I... I wouldn't be mad at you if you decided to stay here with (Y/N) instead of going back for the summer."

"Mabel?" Dipper stood up, his journal and papers fluttering to the ground. "Mabel... come here..."

Mabel lunged at her twin and buried her face into his shoulder, crying. "Dipper, I really w-won't mind if you..."

"Mabel, no! I'm going back to Gravity Falls! I have friends and family there, Mabel. They love us, and are looking forward to see us. Plus, I want to come." Dipper said honestly. He was starting to cry, too.

"Really? I-I want you to be happy..." Mabel choked out.

"Yes!" Dipper said. "Yes, Mabel. I'm going to Gravity Falls with you, like I promised." Dipper whispered.

"Thanks, Dipper... affectionate but awkward sibling hug?" Mabel whispered.

"Affectionate but awkward sibling hug." Dipper responded, enveloping his sister in a hug.

"Pat, pat."