III

I didn't even notice Trumpkin standing behind the boy.

Curse that stupid dwarf.

When the four children had processed what Trumpkin said, their mouths simultaneously dropped open.  The youngest girl stepped closer to me in awe. "You're a princess?  Of Narnia?"

I shot a why-did-you-just-say-that glare at Trump before continuing. "Yeah.  I'm Princess Y/N of the...of the Telmarines."

Immediately the blonde boy's hand reached for his side where a sword was strapped. "Telmarines?  In Narnia?"

The other boy stepped forward and put his hand on the blond boy's hand, stopping him from pulling out his sword (A/N- don't take that out of context you dirty minded people).

"Peter, please.  Let her explain." The other boy ordered, looking towards me compassionately.

I hadn't really noticed this guy at first- which honestly surprised me because he was really, really cute.  His hair was black and short, but a tiny bit messy.  His eyes were dark brown and his smile was SO CUTE.

Calm down! I told myself, how do you know he's trustworthy?
He's too cute to be a liar or a-

"-happened on that boat?" The dark haired boy was asking me.  I snapped out of my thoughts and slowly explained to them why I was being executed, Caspian's escape, the fall of Cair Paravel, etc, etc...

"Well," The older girl said after I finished.  She held out her hand to me. "I'm Susan.  Nice to meet you."

Something in my mind clicks. These four mysterious kids; two girls, two boys.  One is names Susan...she's got a bow...

Oh My Aslan.

"You guys...you're the-" I say excitedly, as Trumpkin grumbles an "Oh, no..."

"You're the Kings and Queens of Old!"

The four kids look at each other and grin, obviously happy to be recognized.  The young girl steps up and shakes my hand. "I'm Lucy.  It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine." I say, hoping not to sound obsessive.  To be honest, I loved the stories of the Kings and Queens.

Not to be weird, but I especially liked the stories of Edmund the Just.

Anyway.

Speak of the devil, the dark haired boy stepped towards me and shook my hand.  I couldn't help but get a little giddy when he took my dainty hands into his rough ones.
"I'm Edmund.  Honor to meet you, Y/N."

I know you're Edmund, you little bug.  And the honor is all mine!

I nodded in response and kept my feelings to myself.  I didn't want to look like a fool!

The blonde boy nodded at me and said, "Pleasure to meet you. I'm High King Peter, the Magnificent."

I mentally gagged at his title.  No offense to the king, but I never really cared for him.  Too arrogant.

"You didn't have to say the whole thing, you know." I joked, shaking his hand.

"Look!" Lucy shouted suddenly.  She was pointing at a large grizzly bear a bit away from us.

To my surprise, she started rushing towards it. "It's okay.  We're friends!" She insisted, speaking to the creature. "What's your name, then?"

"What's she doing?" I questioned quietly.

Before anyone could answer the bear stood on its hind legs and starting running towards the young queen.

Susan pulled out her bow and aimed at the bear but didn't shoot. 

"Shoot it, Susan!" Pleaded her brothers.  She didn't let the arrow fly, weighing the option on of the risk hitting Lucy was worth it.

Gulping, I picked up the hem of my dress and ran to Lucy, ducking under the bear's arms and placing my palm square on the bear's chest.  Ice flowed from my hand and snaked itself around the bear's torso.  The grizzly fell to the ground and I knew I had stopped - froze - it's heart.

Quickly I turned and faced Lucy, planting my hands on her shoulders. "Are you okay?" I asked urgently.  She was staring sadly at the bear. "Lucy! Are you okay?" I repeated.  Lucy tore her gaze from the dead bear and nodded, burrowing her face into my chest.

I wasn't expecting her hug me so tightly, so I was a bit taken aback.  After an odd moment I wrapped my arms around her and slowly urged her to move back towards her siblings.  She ran from my arms as we neared her family, running towards Peter.  He held her close as she sobbed into his arms, crying about the death of the bear.

I had been so wrapped up in Lucy I hadn't noticed Edmund walking towards me.

"Thank you, for saving Luce," He said quietly, keeping his eyes on his sister.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Anytime."

"But, if I may, Y/N..." Edmund continued, "The bear is dead, and I'm glad.  But the thing is, you didn't have a weapon in you.  You still don't."

My eyes widened and I tried to control my rising panic.  He couldn't know about the whole ice thing - I know his story by heart.  If Edmund knew I was the Ice Queen's daughter...surely he would hate me.

"I grabbed a rock, and shoved it in the bear's chest." I lied, hoping Edmund wouldn't ask me anymore questions.

"I don't want to step over the line," Edmund continued, turning to look me straight in the eye, "But you and I both know you hadn't grabbed a rock.  I've gone down the wrong path because of trusting the wrong person, and I don't want that to happen again.  So, please, tell me, what did you do to that bear?"

Oh, cliff hanger! Tension! O.O
Edmund isn't taking a liking to you...but I assure you, they'll be some chemistry in the next chapter. 
Until then!

<Later Gators>