X

Y/N's POV
Oh.

My.

Aslan.

King Edmund the Just was kissing me.

Right after I had tried to force him away.

Before I knew it the feeling of dread and the cold weight on my heart was warmed and suddenly I felt as all the energy I had lost was regained.

I felt happy. So I leaned into the kiss just a little bit more and in return I felt Edmund smile.

Then, Edmund pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine, the only noise in the room our breathing.

The Just king smiled. "Better?"

I giggled and breathed in his scent before answering. "Very. Also, you smell like rose petals."

He chuckled and stared into my eyes, grinning. "Caspian mentioned rose is your favorite scent, how you always had one in your room. So...well, I figured this would make you feel better." He pulled out a single flower from under his shirt.

A red rose, somewhat crinkled, was placed in my hand.

"(Y/N)," Edmund said slowly, "Will you...can we...can I call you mine?"

I cradled the rose and nodded. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that."

"So...yes?" Edmund's tone was so pleading I almost laughed.

"Of course!"

I jumped towards him a little bit, my arms swinging around his neck while his caught me, his hands snaking around my waist and resting in my hips.

We walked out of my palace's doors, the walls melting around us. This place was a not my home.
It was a reminder of what fear can do.

We walked towards a horse and Edmund helped me up before climbing on. As I moved to get a hold on his waist, I pulled away and almost fell off the horse as what felt like a knife sliced threw my heart.

Something was very wrong.

"(Y/N)! What is it?" Edmund exclaimed, whirling his head around to look at me.

At first I couldn't find my voice.
"Edmund, she's- she's-"

"She can't hurt you, (Y/N). I won't let her," Edmund interrupted me, his voice stern and gruff.

"No!" I almost shrieked. "Quickly! It's Caspian, she's almost gotten to him!"

I didn't know how I knew, but I could feel Jadis' presence near my brother. It could have been the Witch herself proving she was harming him, or it could have been something more powerful lending a helping hand to me.

I figured it was the latter...Aslan.

Edmund kicked the horse and it shot towards Aslan's How, making me fly back and again, almost slipping off the animal.

I grabbed onto Edmund's waist and felt his torso tighten. The wind whipped out hair as the horse galloped faster and faster.

Before the horse slowed to a stop I had pushed myself off and ran start ahead, the odd stares and glares I received from random Narnian's not bothering me. I had to get to my brother.