VIII

Wind whipped my (H/L) hair, a nervous chill settling itself on my spine.

I had ruined everything.
And I had lost everything.

Tears formed in my eyes and I felt them slid down my face as my aching legs continued to carry me up the mountain.

I didn't even know where I was.

I didn't care.

How could I be so stupid?

I let my anger control me and in that one, single instant, everything fell apart.

Caspian's hateful words echoed in my mind.

The look of betrayal on Edmund's face haunted me even more.

Exhausted, I feel to my knees in a windy wide field.

I sobbed and sobbed and screamed, furious at what had happened.

I could never go back.

Ever.

I slammed my fist against the ground, accidentally creating a large flat circle of ice.
It looked a little bit like a rug.

I had lost it all, including my home.

I needed a new place to live.

So I put my hand back onto the ground and felt power flow through me, ice swirling and thickening around me.

Walls grew tall and strong, and elegant designs traced themselves on the ground.

Edmund's POV

I watched her run, her hair blowing in the wind. 

I wanted to run after her so badly, but I stayed out and watched as (Y/N) disappeared into the trees.

I should have helped her.
I should have protected her, stood up for her.
But I didn't.

"I'm such a coward," I mumbled, my breathing ragged. "What have I done?"

"Edmund, she's a monster. Don't feel too bad," Susan muttered to me, holding Lucy to her chest.

I narrowed my eyes. "(Y/N) is not a monster! How dare you say that about her."

Susan scoffed and moved towards me. "She almost killed Lucy! Stop defending her!"

"She didn't mean too! If we hadn't yelled at her none of this would have ever happened!" I shouted, fuming with anger.

Susan gritted her teeth. "Just because you are in love with her doesn't mean she's an angel; she lied, Edmund, she lied to all of us!"

"It doesn't matter that I love her, she's still didn't mean to hurt anybody! She's scared Susan, she's-"

My breath caught in my throat as I realized what I had just said.

"Oh dear," Susan said softly, "You really do care for her." She lowered her head a bit, staring at the ground. "I'm sorry, Edmund.  But you have to let her go. She's gone."

I pursed my lips. "(Y/N)'s still out there, somewhere."

"Edmund," Lucy mumbled, pointing up towards a far off mountain.

My eyes widened as I realized what my sister was referring too.

A shiny castle was rising out of the trees, the sunshine glinting off it's iridescent surface.

Ice.

"Go, Edmund. Find her," Peter's arm was on my shoulder.

Once I had found a horse to carry me, I stared on my way, the horse racing towards the ice castle at a tremendous speed.

Wow this chapter is soooo so short.
Hope you guys enjoyed! Now that it's Christmas break I'll try to write more.
Later gators <3