XII

Y/N's POV:

"My Lords-!" A young faun came running into Aslan's How just as Caspian, Edmund, and I were finishing our conversation. The faun glanced at me, "-and, and my Lady! Apologies, your Ladyship!" He stuttered at me, his head cast downwards.

"No apology needed, my friend. What is it?" I responded, stepping toward the faun. He raised his head, worry painted on his round face.

"My Lords, and Lady, the scouts have returned! Miraz has succeeded in building a bridge across the river! His army is stepping up camp, the will be here any minute!" The poor faun's voice broke as he delivered the news.

I glanced back at Caspian and Edmund. Both had looks of anxiety upon their faces. I felt my lips turn downwards into a frown.

"There's more!" the faun continued, "High King Peter has a plan! Hurry,  before it is set in motion!" He ran away from us, back out towards the outside.

The new, urgent tone the faun's voice took caused me to rush out after the creature, Edmund and Caspian on my heels.

As we exited the How, Susan and Lucy were saddling a horse. Peter stood beside them, giving Susan directions.

"This is your plan, boy? You fool!" Trumpkin's voice bellowed, reminding me he was healed and back to his old self.

"What plan? Peter, what's he talking about?" Edmund asked quickly, moving towards his siblings.

"Your brother-" Trumpkin answered, "-wants to send a little girl into the woods, all by herself, in search for a legend! Fools..."

"Peter?" I stepped next to Edmund, showing my support. "Is it true?"

The High King gazed towards the dense woods on the other side of the field. "She won't be alone. Susan and Lucy are leaving, it's the only option." He breathed deeply, looking at his youngest sister. "Lucy has been right all along. Aslan is the only one who can help us now."

"We'll be fine," Susan promised. "I'll look after her."

Caspian glanced at Susan, the look on his face showing he was obviously worried. Though, he didn't disagree with the Queen. Instead, he reached towards his belt and grabbed the horn; Susan's horn.

"Here," he said, handing her the instrument, "take this, if you need help, I'll be there."

Hm, I thought, Caspian cares for Susan way more than I imagined.

Susan smiled but shook her head. "Keep it. You might need to call me again."

I couldn't help but snort at her obvious flirtatious statement.

"Go," Edmund interjected, clearly not liking the way Caspian and Susan were conversing with each other. "Lucy, Susan...be safe. Come back."

Lucy smiled, her face beaming, no fear in her eyes. "We'll be back before you know it."

Their horse took off, towards the woods, leaving the boys and I alone.

"Peter," Caspian spoke as the girls traveled farther and farther away, "there is something else we can do."

"As King, Miraz must uphold  sacred traditions," Caspian explained, "we could buy some time for Susan and Lucy."

I nodded in agreement. "Caspian's right. Telmarines have a tradition where two enemies can fight one-on-one. Whoever wins-"

"-wins for his kingdom." Caspian ended. "If we challenge him in a duel, he would look like a coward if he turned us down."

"We just have to convey the message and get him to agree," I stated, crossing my arms. "Which means going to Miraz and asking him personally."

"Not a problem," Edmund quickly spoke up, "I'll go."

"And I'll join you," I added. "If we approach peacefully, we should be fine. But if a fight should break out-"

"-I'd want you fighting by my side."

Edmund's sincere words made my stomach spin and I felt myself blush.

Caspian and Peter looked at Edmund and I as we smiled at each other, until the moment was ruined by Peter clearing his throat.

"-Okay! So, you two, change into new armor, and I'll gather more allies to accompany you."

Before he even finished, Edmund had grabbed my hand and dragged me towards Aslan's How.

"Hey! Don't change in front of each other!" Caspian shouted loudly at us, causing nearby Narnians to glance at Edmund and me oddly.

"Don't make it a big deal, Caspian!" Peter responded, his voice equally as loud.

"Stop shouting! Everyone will hear you!" Caspian whisper-yelled back.

Laughing at our older brothers' antics, Edmund and I entered Aslan's How, hand in hand.

• 5k reads!!! Thank you so much! •

I'M SORRY I'M A SLOW WRITER

I HAVE ANOTHER DRAFT/CHAPTER I WILL UPLOAD TOMORROW, THATS A PROMISE ~

PEACE. LOVE YALL.