till death do us part

Word Count: 361
copyright © nic berns
note: wrote this one in english class my 8th grade year.
trigger warning: death, suicide

till death do us part

It's not everyday that you attend your fiancee's funeral; watching her get lowered into the ground as you think about the days ahead, what's held in store. You'll think about when you'll go, when it'll happen, how, why, and most of all, being able to see her again.

I stood there, in front of the casket that held my limp, cold girl. I let the tears fall freely, soaking my cheeks up in the process. She's gone. I can't believe it. My baby girl, my princess, is dead. One minute we're cuddling and telling each other what we love about the other, the next she's gone.

"Luke, you're supposed to say a few words. You knew her better than I ever did." Mrs. [y/l/n] whispers to me. I nod, wiping away a few of my tears. I walk up to the side of her casket, my eyes not leaving it. Everyone's attention turns to me.

"Hi. I was [y/n]'s fiancé. I knew [y/n] like the back of my hand. Actually, scratch that-I knew her better than the back of my hand. She was my world, I loved her with every bone in my body. I still love her. [Y/n] was a very insecure person, she never really liked showing skin, even to me. It took two, three years for her to gain the confidence to give herself to me. I made sure everything I did was okay with her and that she was comfortable through all of it. It was the best night of her life. Everyday I would tell her how beautiful she was, how much I loved her, and how much she meant to me. I always found a way to make her smile, and that made me smile. I love her with everything I have, and I will love her until the day I join her." I sigh.

"What we had was just-I can't even explain it. That's how in love we were," my eyes start to sting with tears.

"I just cannot believe that she's gone. My world; my love; my life; my baby; my everything, she's gone. Till death do us part." I sob.

end story