"you're a virgin?"

"you're a virgin?"

y/n

Being a virgin and dating a member of 5 Seconds Of Summer, isn't as easy as it sounds. Nevermind, that doesn't sound easy.

But the thing is, none of the guys know that I'm a virgin; not even Luke, my boyfriend. And I know for a fact that he's not a virgin. I mean, he's in a famous band, he's bound to hook up with some fans here and there.

"Hey, babe?" Luke questions from the other room. We live together.

"Yes?" I shout back.

"How come we've been together for a hear and a half and still haven't had sex?" he asks, walking into the room I'm in and sitting next to me.

"Well, you see . . . uhm . . . I'm kind of a . . . uhm . . . virgin," I stutter.

"You're a virgin?" he questions, shocked.

"Yeah," I bow my head.

"No, don't be ashamed." he says, taking my chin between his fingers and making me look at him. "That's not a bad thing," he smiles softly.

"But, what if I don't want to be a virgin anymore?" I question softly, looking into his ocean eyes.

"I can always take care of it for you," he says softly, his eyes darting to my lips, then back to my eyes.

"Can you?" I whine.

"Only if you're sure you're ready." he says, licking his lips.

"I'm ready," I say, going to kiss him. But my lips come in contact with his hand instead.

"Now, you're not only saying that to get me to sleep with you, right?" he asks.

"'Course not!" I exclaim. "I love you, Luke." I say quieter, hoping he says it back; we've never said the 'I love you's.

"And I love you, y/n." he smiles, his eyes lighting up as he says it. "That's why I want you to tell me the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." he says, causing me to giggle. "I'm being serious, y/n."

I stop laughing and try to make a straight face, resulting in both of us laughing.

Once we both calm down, he looks at me. "What?" I question.

"You're beautiful. You know that?" he smiles lightly, pushing a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"You tell me everyday." I place my hand on top of his, holding it to my face.

"'Cos it's the truth." he says lovingly.

"I'm not ready," I answer his question from earlier.

"Not ready for what?" he asks, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion, as he forgot what he had asked earlier.

"To have sex," I answer softly.

"See, I knew you weren't." he pulls me into his side. "But I'll wait. I'll wait for you to be ready, because I love you," he kisses my temple.

"You're so sweet," I smile softly. "It feels like just yesterday I spilled my coffee on you."

"Y'know, we met in the most cliché type of way," he chuckles.

"Why would you say that?" I look up at him.

"I mean, you working as a waitress at a coffee shop. Me going to the coffee shop and ordering a coffee. Then you spill the coffee all over one of my nicest shirts. You apologize frantically. I lie and say that I didn't like the shirt anyway. You grab napkins and try drying it, only making worse. I tell you it's fine, when it's really not. But something about you draws me in, and I have to get to know you. So I give you my number."

"Luk-"

"I'm not done," he cuts me off. "It takes a week — and tons of encouragement from your friends — for you to actually contact me. And when you do contact me, I'm busy. And when I'm not busy, you're busy. So it takes an actual month for us to hang out."

"We start off as friends, and stay friends for about a year. Until one of us finally got the guts to ask out the other. Which results in a beautiful relationship that hopefully lasts a lifetime."

"Are you done yet?" I ask with a giggle.

"Yes," he nods.

"Now I can say: I don't care how we met. All that matters to me is that we did meet. And even when — if we break up, there will always be a piece of my heart that will always belong to you. I love you, Luke Robert Hemmings; and I always will."

"Y/f/n, I love you; and I always will." he softly places his lips on mine.

end story

*so, this took a turn for the better. i was going to make this a smut imagine, but decided against it, I was in a fluff mood. i hope you like it!*

written on august 1, 2019

word count 753

published on

copyright © 2019 by nic bernritter