Prologue

"The minute people fall in love, they become liars." Harlan Ellison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So every touch, every word, every kiss was all lies?" He asked. She looked up at him.

"No harry. I love you. Every touch, word and kiss was true. I'm in love with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He knows vital information about her death. We have to find out what it is." Said the young officer. He looked at the men surrounding the table one by one before continuing.

"How do you think we could manage that?" The General asked looking directly at the young officer.

"Well i was thinking maybe we could you know......." The young man swallowed and thought about what would be the best way to phrase it. "Trick him." The General raised both his eyebrows and gave the young man a look of total disbelief. He wondered if this young officer was joking he was about to tell him to leave but before he could say anything the young officer continued. "Well i was thinking we could send one of our female agents in under-cover and maybe make him fall in love with her then he might spill the beans if he's head over heals in love with her." The other officers looked at the general for an answer but he sat silently stoking his chin. After several minutes he started to slowly nod his head. His colleague's copied his movements.

"Yes, this could work. Get me on the phone with the Director of the FBI. Now. I don't want the CIA involved, not after last time." One of the secretary's were called inside and told the order. She hurried back out again and made the call. She brought a phone in and set it in the centre of the desk.

"This is General Harrison." He said.

"Hello General. This is Robert Mueller  Director of the FBI how can I help you today?" The General picked up the phone and motioned to the young officer to follow him into his private office.

2 hours later the young SA (special agent)  Allen was woking furiously at her desk. She completed her last report and threw it on the top of the large pile on her desk. She stood up and lifted the large pile of completed files and walked towards her Unit chiefs office. She knocked on the door with her free hand and he waved her in. He was on the phone and Agent Allen, better known by Nicole, flopped  down on the seat opposite his desk . Her unit cheif,  Supervisery Special agent Bradley, ended his call and set down his phone.

" Agent Allen, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm good sir, got the reports you wanted." She said. He motioned for the small desk off at the side were there was a space to set them. She walked over to the small desk and dropped the pile down.

"Where you any good at drama in school Nicole?" The unit chief asked. Nicole was thrown off by the question. One, it was a strange questions and two, he had used her first name and not Agent Allen, which only happened once when he wanted her to pose as a teenage girl to catch a child molester. This was a stange question and it wasn't going to be about field work she had done before.

"I was alright, never really took a liking for romeo and juliet ." She said looking up to meet his gaze. He had an amused smile on his face at her last comment but it didn't last long until her went back to his staight face.

"Well the reason I'm asking is...." He stopped and looked as if he was trying to figure out an impossible maths question. She raised her eyebrows and cocked her head to the side encouraging him to go on. He sighed and leaned back into his chair. "Nicole would you be willing to give up you life and friends here for say maybe a year to represent the Bureau?" She nodded and answed immediately.    

"Of course sir." His face seemed to become even more serious. Nicole knew her boss was a very serious man but this expression she only saw when they were searching for someone, or a hostage situation, or a child who has been kidnapped. It meant dangerous business,

"Anything Nicole? Would you go to England and make someone fall in love with you? Would you dye you hair blonde? Would you pretend to be someone your not just to represent the Bureau? Would you sleep with someone for the Bureau?" Nicole looked at the Unit chief.

"Of course sir, but the only thing is do i really have to dye my hair?" The Unit chief stared at the young agent in disbelief. She would be willing to do all of this? For the sake of her job? She was willing to sleep with someone but not willing to dye her hair. Well, when he thought about it that was just Nicole all over.

"Well I'm sure we could arrange that." He said to the agent. "Nicole would you be willing to do this?" He asked looking her right in the eye looking for even the littlest bit of hesitation. He did not see any.

"Yes sir." She said. He nodded and picked up his phone.

"Go home Nicole and get some sleep you'll be getting the next flight to England tomorrow."