Chapter 8: A Royal Surprise

VOTE >>>>

*Flashback*

"Have you ever thought about us?" David asked. He looked over at Nickii, she had her heels off walking along the beach beside him. Her hair was flowing freely down her back and the sunset seemed to make her bright green eyes sparkle even more. She was looking out towards the ocean.  

The ocean always reminded Nickii of home. The days she would spend on the beach, getting into water fights, days out on the boat, camp fires on islands and camping out under the stars.. These were sad memories, but then Nickii was used to sad memories. Every memory from the past 18 years of her life made her sad. Coming here, to America, we're nobody knew about..... They weren't just be nice to her because of her past, but because they liked her.

"What about us?" She said turning to look at him. David grabbed her hand and in-laced his fingers with hers. Nickii felt the tingles run up her arm like an electric shock. She knew exactly what he was talking about, she knew she liked David more than friends. But he was one of her best friends, was she going to risk their friendship? He was a true friend, she hadn't had one of them for years. Thoughts flew through her head and she knew he wanted an answer not a stupid excuse.

"Nickii, you and me, more than just friends." David stopped walking and turned Nickii around so they were facing one another. Nickii looked up to meet David's piercing blue eyes. He lifted his other hand that wasn't holding Nickii's and ran his finger tips along Nickii's cheek. She leaned into his touch and he smiled at her.

"What about Louise, David?" She sighed. "She still loves you."

"But Nickii," He let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't love her, we've been broken up for over a year. I love you, not her." Nickii stood quietly letting it sink in. He loves me? Nobody's ever said they love me, not even Jacob. I've had so many people say they hated me, but love me? I haven't been told that for 5 years. Do I love David? More thoughts ran through Nickii's head. Yes,no,Yes,no,Yes,Yes, no. She was so confused.

"David, don't-"

"No Nickii, I love YOU. Right now you're the only girl I can see myself with, I could see myself marring you one day, having kids with you. I never saw that with Louise." Nicole looked for even the slightest bit of doubt in David's eyes. He leaded forward and pressed his lips against hers. Nickii felt the sparks all the good romance books talked about. She kissed him back and he pulled her closer. After several minutes he removed his lips from her and pressed his forehead against hers.

"I love you too, David." He gave a giant smile and gave her a giant hug sweeping her up and spinning her around in circles. Nickii for once, over that past 5 years, felt generally happy.

*End of flashback *

Nicole hit the 'end call' button and threw down the phone. What am I going to do? She thought running her fingers through her hair. Harry's stupid 'good news'. Her goods news and Harry's 'good' news were two very different things.

"So dinner with the parents? He's keen isn't he?" Nicole's unit chief chuckled. "And a charity dinner tonight? Gosh he's a keeper alright." Nicole grumbled a quick goodbye and stalked down the corridor to find Hannah.

"Oh my gosh! Your screwed!" Hannah said putting another spoonful of noodles into her mouth. Nicole shook her head and rolled her eyes at her friend.

"You're coming too."

Hannah started shaking her head wildly from side.

"That's great Hannah, I know you'll enjoy it." Nicole said smirking at her friend. Nicole walked away and started to think what all she'd wear to the charity dinner tonight.

Victoria stood sipping champagne and listening to very boring story a man was telling Harry. Harry had his arm wrapped tightly around her waist, so she had no means of escape.

"And I said to that young man, if you don't do it you're fired." The man said making everyone laugh. Victoria laughed along with everyone else. Soon after it was announced that dinner was ready.

"So you're what? An interior designer?" The blonde woman asked Victoria.

"No, I'm a fashion designer. I design all my own clothes." Victoria said smiling a the woman. She hasn't liked her from the moment she had seen her. Her almost completely fake body and personality to match had put Victoria off immediately.

"Oh really? We'll darling I'd just stick to buying high street brands. Those jeans you were wearing made you look.... Well rather fat." Nicole could feel her temper starting to rise. She was so angry, she could tell the woman about fat. Fat? She had been called a lot of things but fat? Not since High School. She had her share in her life for being bullied about being fat and wasn't going to take it again. The thought passed through her head of punch the woman across that fake nose of her's. But she was playing Victoria, and Victoria wouldn't punch this woman and break her stupid fake nose like Nicole wanted to do. No, she just smiled.

"I didn't design those jeans. There from River Island." She glanced up the table to were Harry was sitting talking to someone he played polo with.

"Dear lord," the woman gasped. "that shop is for tramps. I would never buy anything out of there, the thought makes me sick." Nicole was fighting to stay in character. She wanted nothing more than to hit that woman a good smack and tell her how life really is. But then that would blow the mission, and that's the last thing she needed.

"Well I like their jeans, there nice and comfortable." Victoria said, this time not smiling at the woman. Stupid stuck up cow, Nicole thought. She stood up and excused herself before she did something she regretted.

"She said that?" Hannah asked. They were standing in the bathrooms at the event. Nicole was desperately craving a cigarette, she only ever smoked when she got really angry. She couldn't because Victoria had convinced Harry to give up smoking and she was wearing so much hairspray that even the tiniest spark would set her alight.

"Yeah, stupid cow." Nicole said. Hannah knew her friend was pissed off. She had only ever seen her angry on few occasions. Like when the guy tackled her out out the 3 story building or when their boss brought up Nicole's past in front of everyone and when Nicole lost it, you didn't want to be in the same room.

"Come on before people start asking were you've went." Hannah said smiling at her friend. Nicole gave her a small smile back and just hoped the night would go smoothly from now on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey sorry for not updating sooner but my exams are coming up soon! Ekk!!

I tried to let yous see into Nicole past + mind some more so let me know what you think.

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN, ADD TO LIBARIES!!! :D