| T W E L V E

On behalf of Mother's Day! :)

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there, to the soon to be beautiful mothers, and lovely grandmothers! <3 

T W E L V E

Shashi, meanwhile, was very much not at peace. When he reached home, he saw the very person who destroyed his niece's happiness.

Aakash was sitting on the sofa with his mother and wife laughing at whatever he was saying.

Anger boiled through his veins when he recalled how much his niece was distraught.

"You," he shouted to Aakash. Sapna and his mother had an expression of shock when Shashi stomped towards him with full pace and clutched at his shirt.

"Get out of my house now," he shouted.

Aakash was frightened. When Mrs. Jain removed Shashi's hands from his shirt, he slumped down.

"Shashi Uncle, please," he pleaded.

"I'm not your uncle," Shashi spat. How dare he try to bring relations now, especially after the lies he spoke.

Aakash remained polite but firm. "All business relations is only between you and Riccha. I've come to apologize and come clean."

Shashi adjusted his shirt and angrily sat down on the sofa. "Apologize for what?" he asked, curtly.

"For lying," Aakash replied. "It was wrong and stupid, I did it for my company. I was desperate." He came clean about everything from the beginning.

Shashi rolled his eyes. "You know I already know all of this. Why are you telling me now?"

"Since I lied, I needed to tell you the truth myself. Also, because I've to come seek forgiveness and be accepted as your future nephew in law," Aakash said, desolately.

Shashi looked at Aakash curiously. Did he hear right? "I'm sorry. What? Nephew in law? I don't understand."

"I know she has gone back to India for a marriage proposal. Sohail told me. I want to stop it before it's too late."

"Hmm. Do you love her?"

Aakash looked down at his hands. He should be honest. "No," he said, softly.

"What bullcrap? Get out of my house now." Shashi thundered. The nerve of him.

"No, but wait," he cried out. "I don't love her yet. But I know how precious she is. She's a good business woman, a very smart and kind woman. I promise to take care of her like a queen. I've seen enough movies to know that if I don't go after her now, it will be too late. I know I can fall in love with her. It's probably a terrible thing to say to you that I don't love her yet, but it's true. I want to be honest."

Shashi sighed. He glanced at Sapna who was speechless at this declaration. He was about to speak, but his mother beat him to it.

"We accept," she squealed. "I appreciate your honesty, dear grandson. I didn't want Riccha to give up on you. But she was so sure she didn't have a chance. And now that you are readily accepting her, I'm certain you'll fall in love with her faster than you think you will. So go. Find your princess. She's gone to Delhi."

Aakash crushed nana into a big hug. "Thank you, nana," he said, kissing her forehead. He looked apologetically at Shashi and dashed out of the house. "I have a flight to catch," he hollered.

~*~

Aakash stepped onto the busy streets of Delhi. Sohail said he would take care of all the work. He adjusted his backpack, his single piece of luggage, containing clothes only for two days. His plan was to see her and whisk her away to London.

Aakash looked at the address in his hand. 27B, Apple Apartments, Palkat street, Delhi -023. He hired a cab to take him to that address. Aakash watched in admiration as he passed two of the famous Delhi Landmarks. First, the beautiful Lotus Temple, and then the famous Akshardham. He hoped he could visit these landmarks with Riccha one day.

The last time he visited North India was several years ago. It was a family trip. Aakash was reminded of his parents. Would they be okay with him marrying Riccha? Would they be okay with him marrying so soon? He wasn't exactly settled in life, but if it weren't for Riccha, he would have been back in his old company.

He shrugged off the thoughts of his family for the time being. Convincing his parents would be Riccha's job. His job was to convince her parents.

Aakash watched as the cab pulled into the driving way of the very tall and elegant looking set of apartments. The driver helped him with his luggage and left after he received the fare.

He signed his name in the security book and with the security guard's directions, he made his way towards Riccha's apartment.

Aakash leaned the luggage towards the wall and tucked in his shirt. He adjusted his collar and sprayed a little bit of deodorant just in case.

He took a deep breath but kept it sucked in as the front door opened and a girl crashed into him, toppling both him and her to the ground.

"Oof," she said as she fell onto him.

Aakash looked into the girl's eyes hoping it was Riccha but it was another girl. Someone beautiful but not Riccha.

The girl pushed her off of him and stood up, brushing her the wrinkles off of her dress. She held out a hand out to help him get off, but Aakash politely refused.

"I'm so sorry," they both apologized at the same time, and then the girl laughed awkwardly. "It's okay. I should have watched where I was going," she said. "I have to rush, but meet me at 10 Downing Street at eight. Don't stand me up," she shouted while looking behind as she ran ahead. She gave him a sexy wink and strutted off.

Aakash shuddered. He was so standing her up. He had one bold girl who chased after him. He didn't need another now. He faced the door and faltered as he saw an older version of Riccha looking at him quite curiously. "Who are you?"

Aakash fiddled with his pockets as he mumbled his name. "Aakash."

"What do you want?" she asked him, with the same expression.

So she didn't know him. Aakash was relieved that he didn't have to talk over Riccha's biased side of the story.

"Oh, so you want to meet my daughter? She's gone out on a date."

Aakash turned a deep shade of embarrassment when he realized he spoke out loud. The expression soon turned into disdain when her mom's words settled in.

"On a date?"

"Please come in," she said, angling the door wider.

Aakash nervously walked inside. A cold wind of air hit him. Mrs. Jain showed him to the living room where he sat on an exquisite looking sofa.

"What will you drink? Coffee, Tea?"

"Tea, please." He had all but a few minutes to rehearse his speech.

When she came in, he stated his request point blank.

"Aunty. I've come to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage."

"No!" Mrs. Jain dropped the tray, the tea splashing all over his new shirt.

Dun dun duhhhhhhhhh

How's that for an update? :P Hope you liked it!