| T W E N T Y - E I G H T

T W E N T Y -  E I G H T

"Riya! How are you?" Aakash exclaimed. He covered the mouth piece and mouthed to Riccha that it was Riya. Like it wasn't obvious enough when he shouted her name like an excited five year old kid. He missed the hurt expression on her face though. He signaled to her to wait for two minutes and then moved to an isolated corner so he could hear her better.

"Happy birthday, Aakash," Riya said, through the phone. "So what did Amelia get you for your birthday?"

Aakash didn't know what to say. Heck, he didn't remember his fake girlfriend's name. While he was fumbling with an answer, he could hear Madhan in the background asking for the phone.

"Happy birthday, mate. I'm certain you are busy with Amelia right now. So I'll ask Riya to call you later." Madhan said.

Aakash could hear Riya bickering with Madhan before he hung up.

Madhan knew.

Riya didn't.

Their bickering reminded him of the days he and Riya used to fight all the time. It was so easy to pacify her. All he had to do was hug her and not let her go and he would feel her relax. Also, he would apologize if she asked him to, and their fights always turned into something sweet. Did Madhan know how to handle her with ease?

His gut wrenched. It wasn't easy. No matter how big a saint he appeared to be, he was still hurting just as much as the day he had to leave her. Heck, he flew to another country just so he could be away from her.

Yet, a simple phone call, hearing her voice brought back all the pain instantly.

Aakash jolted when Riccha touched his arm. "Are you okay?" she asked, softly.

Aakash hung his head. "No. I want to go home. Please," he pleaded.

Riccha felt an unreasonable anger towards to Riya. Why did she have to call when things were so perfect? Riccha understood the guilt Riya felt. But she needs to understand that she has to stay away. Until he's fully recovered.

Or wait. She thinks he's moved on.

"She thinks you've moved on." It was a statement.

The agony written on his face acknowledged it.

"I'm hungry," she whined instead.

Aakash clicked his tongue impatiently. "You know how to cook. Just cook at home."

"But it will take a while to reach. Plus I can't whip up food in a second like Mrs. Weasley."

Aakash sighed. "Are you for real?"

"I. Am. Hungry. You can't deprive me of FOOD!" Riccha stomped her foot. Infuriated was an understatement. She couldn't believe Aakash would starve her because he was wallowing in self pity.

Self pity, her ass.

I love him. Doesn't he realize that?

"Aakash, you need to get over her."

Aakash glared at her, although Riccha paid no heed. "I'm going to get myself something to eat. Are you coming or not?"

"No."

Riccha shrugged. "Suit yourself." Their day was ruined. The party couldn't wait till evening. While she ordered some food for herself, she called up Sohail and told him the party had to be preponed to two hours before. Sohail was dismayed but when she relayed the events of what happened, he immediately agreed.