| S I X T E E N

S I X T E E N

Riccha was silent the whole car ride. Aakash gave no explanation, nor did Riccha ask for any. They reached her residence and Riccha waited patiently while Aakash paid the cab driver.

Aakash glanced at her. He took her hand in his and guided her to her parent's apartment.

When her mother opened the door, Riccha went inside without asking Aakash to come in. Riccha's mother looked apologetically at Aakash as he awkwardly came inside.

Without a moment's hesitation, as soon as he was seated on the sofa, he blurted out to Riccha. "Marry me."

Riccha, who was midway drinking a cup of water, almost choked on her water before she glanced at him.

"But you don't even like me," she protested, walking towards him. She eyed her mother warily, but needn't have worried as her mother was busy doing something else in her room.

"I know. But I will."

Riccha crossed her arms. "What's the guarentee?"

Aakash scratched the back of his nech in deep embarassment. "Can we talk somewhere more private," he said, lowering his voice.

Riccha curtly nodded leading him to their balcony.

She closed the door and curtains behind them ensuring absolute privacy.

Riccha crossed her arms again. "So?"

"Look, I'm a huge bundle of mess right now, okay? I've had to deal with my ex-girlfriend, the girl I've deeply loved, still love, getting married to someone else who probably is not as perfect for her as I am for her. In a moment of weakness I slept with you. I felt something, okay? But I was afraid. I didn't want to stay long enough to find out. So I disappeared. And then, God knows how, but you followed me all the way here, stubborn to be a part of my life somehow. Every moment with you, I was torn. Between my past and my present. Having been through a heart break, I did not want to cause you one, so I kept my distance and was constantly cold with you. Another reason is that my primary focus will only be my company. It's my baby, and I'll do anything to get my company up and running. I know I feel something between us. I just thought I would have time to figure it out. Apparently, I don't. When I found out you were going to get engaged, I had to come here before it was too late. It was, but now it isn't. Look Riccha, I like you. Working with you the past one month made me feel like I might even fall in love with you. Give me that chance to find out, will you?"

Aakash gently walked closer to Riccha, bringing both his palms to cup her face. He looked deeply in her eyes and saw an ocean of emotions swirling in them. In a moment of weakness, he brought his face closer to kiss her but Riccha pulled away.

"Stop. I can't do this."

Aakash moved away, hurt etched on his face.

"Do what?" he asked softly.

"I don't know. What if I'm just a rebound? What if what you feel is just lust?"

"I can't answer those questions."

"Then I have nothing else to say."

"If you are going to marry someone you don't know, you might as well marry me."

Riccha glared at him. "I do know Harsh."

"What he knows is that we both love each other. It's partly true, but it could be wholly true."

Riccha put her hands up in frustration. "What do you want me to do?"

"I already told you. Give me a chance."

Riccha bit her lip. "Okay," she said softly.

"Now can I kiss you?"

Aakash didn't wait for an answer before he pressed his lips to hers. Their kiss was slow and passionate. Riccha could feel his earnestness. But limits had to be set.

She gently pushed him away and looked him in the eye.

"I have some conditions."

Aakash was quite disheveled. He was more affected by this kiss than any other time. "Shoot."

"Condition number one, absolutely no physical intimacy. Condition number two, we get engaged right away and we'll marry six months later. Condition number three, I get to wear whatever I want. I get to cook whatever I want. I get to do anything after getting married. Condition number four, we will have weekly date nights that involve absolutely no talk about work. Condition number five, no mention of Riya anywhere and anytime. Deal or no deal?"

"Deal, but,"

"No buts," Riccha said sharply. But was a word she deeply hated.

Aakash proceeded anyway. "You'll have to convince my parents to let me marry you."

Riccha inhaled sharply. "Do you have issues in marrying older women?"

Aakash eyed her up and down. "Aren't you 23?"

Riccha pursed her lips. "No."

"22?"

"No." She said it more softly.

"24?"

"No." Her voice was barely audible. "I'm 26, turning 27 in two months."

"Well, you look 23 to me. Nothing matters to me anyway. What matters is the fact that you're a Jain to my parents. So...shall we go out?"

When they stepped away from the balcony, Riccha's mom and dad were seated on the sofa. They were eying the two curiously.

"So, what's the verdict?"

Riccha looked at Aakash and softly smiled. She took a deep breath, faced her parents and announced. "Mom and dad, we are getting engaged."

Riccha had two mountain tasks ahead of her. Convince Aakash's parents to let her marry him, and two, to actually make Aakash fall in love with her.

One step at a time, she told herself. 

Important Note:

As I haven't finished writing the draft yet, the conditions set by Riccha is subject to change. Also, I have no idea how long this story will be. The updates will continue to be posted at the same pace. :) Hope you're enjoying. Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting :) #15 lalala

Chapter Dedications:

hershe1994

hymard

manaasaa

regally_

SimranMaharban

Thank you guys so much for reading, voting, and commenting. Much appreciated! Love you <3

omahazeeya

adyanthaya

Digby777

I really value your support. Your kind words are what keeps me writing :)