| T W E N T Y - S I X

Important author's note at the end!

T W E N T Y – S I X

By the time Aakash got ready for work and sat down to eat breakfast, Sohail was just finishing the last bites of his scrambled eggs and waffles.

"It's been ages since I've eaten such good breakfast," Sohail said as Aakash entered the dining room.

Aakash smiled wryly. "You did leave me some, didn't you?"

"I was tempted not to." Sohail got up from his chair and followed Aakash to the kitchen. "Riccha sent a note. She's picking you up in twenty minutes."

"Huh?"

Sohail shrugged. "Well she did make you some breakfast, so just listen to her. By the way, your mother called. She said it was urgent. So call her back now."

Aakash's stomach grumbled. "Alright," he sighed. He quickly served himself some breakfast and took the landline to dial his mother. Sohail signaled to him that he was leaving.

On three rings, his mother picked up. "Beta! Thank god you called. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to contact you for another few days."

Aakash flinched. Was he that bad the past two weeks? He usually called his mother during the weekends. First Riccha, now his mother.

"Sorry ma. Things were hectic at work. You know we signed the contract."

Maya waved him off. "Hush hush. Let me talk. Your wedding is in three months."

Aakash stopped chewing midway. "What?" he sputtered. "I told you we wanted it six months later."

"Yeah but we couldn't get a wedding hall, " said Maya, apologetically.

"So you would just book it right away without even asking me or Riccha?" Aakash gulped down a glass of water. In a hurry, he had almost choked. How was he going to break the news to Riccha? He had accepted to all the deals.

"It was either in three months or fourteenth months later," Maya said, defending herself.

"So you just booked it?"

"Yep, and we even paid the full amount in advance. There was another family competing for it." Maya said in a tone that appeared to be a bit proud.

A chuckle escaped Aakash. "I know you can't back down from a challenge. So three months, is it? Does Riccha's family know?"

"Oh yes," she gushed. "They were more excited than I was. Guess they were really eager to get her married."

Hope filled Aakash from within. Maybe convincing Riccha wouldn't be so bad.

But where Riccha was concerned, one could never be prepared.

"I'll be leaving to work, ma. I'll call you tomorrow."

"You work during saturdays?" Maya's voice was filled with contempt.

"Today isn't saturday," Aakash started to say, but then stopped. The previous day was date night. Then why was Riccha coming to pick him up? "Actually, I don't know where I'm leaving. Riccha said she would come pick me up. In fact, she made breakfast for me today."

"Hmm. Okay bye." Maya hung up abruptly.

Aakash blinked. That was weird. Shrugging it off, he placed his plate in the sink and waited rather impatiently for Riccha. He had tons of work left to complete.

Five minutes later, Riccha showed up at his door step.

He took in the sight as he opened the door. Riccha was dressed in Emerald Green, an elegant dress that stopped at her knees. The sleeves were puffed, encircling her smooth and slender arms. In white heels and a gold clutch, she was her usual gorgeousness.