| T H I R T Y - T H R E E

T H I R T Y – T H R E E

Riccha dashed back to the office in search of the notes she had made when she proofread the contract.

Turns out, Aakash had to pay up a hundred grand in order for their business transaction to proceed smoothly. With her notes, not only did she save him from paying up, she also closed all the loopholes that could prop up.

"You are the best. I don't know what I would have done without you," he had said, honestly, a few hours after the whole mess was solved. He was driving her home currently.

Riccha glared at him.

Aakash looked at her questioningly. "What?" he asked, confused.

She pinched his waist when they were at a signal. Aakash jumped exactly when the signal turned green and people were honking at the back.

"What was that for?" he asked irritably, rubbing his sides.

"Oh, that was for leaving me to wake up to an empty bed a week ago."

She proceeded to pinch him again.

Aakash scowled at her. "Wait, let me guess, that was for house hunting?"

Riccha put her hands up in the air. "What the heck? And Neil? Seriously?"

Aakash looked at her apologetically. "I'm really sorry. It was the contract thing keeping me up day and night. Besides, aren't you like buddy buddies?"

Riccha rolled her eyes. "Yes but I can't go house hunting with him! And you couldn't tell me about it?"

"I didn't want to worry any one," he protested.

Riccha pinched his waist again.

"Riccha!" he growled.

"And what was that for?" Riccha asked innocently.

Aakash was tight-lipped. "Date night. Sorry about that."

"Yeah right," Riccha huffed.

Aakash winced. "The waiter. Right. I'm really sorry," he said, holding his ear with his free hand.

Riccha looked out the window.

Aakash placed a hand over hers but she snatched it. "Is this how it's going to be?" she asked, quietly.

"What is?"

"You being a workaholic," she said, disapprovingly.

Aakash nodded. "I'm a CEO. I come with many responsibilities."

Riccha sighed. "I miss you, you know?"

Aakash glanced at her sideways. "Hey, cheer up. You solved a major loop hole for me. Thank you. And I promise I'll make some time for you."

Riccha smiled in gratitude. "Thank you." She was pleasantly surprised when he parked in the restaurant he stood her up in.

~*~

It was the best three weeks of her life after that fateful night. Just as he promised, he paid more attention to her. He made sure to give her some time everyday.

Aakash hadn't anticipated what Riccha's smart move would get them into. Since all the loopholes were closed, and with careful inspection of the other side's loopholes, the company shares tripled triple the amount. They were getting nine times the original shares.

From three months, the time needed to kick start was only two, and at the end of two months, Aakash's networth became quarter million dollars.