The Prolouge

"The ship sailed with might and pride , it seemed that none could put it down. El Tersoro was a beautiful ship one of the finest in Spain.
She sat on the deck with pride , but as the wind blew her hair , memories came flooding back like the waves hitting the shore. Her golden locks fluttered in the air .

I am a duchess she thought I can't think of him anymore

I am a duchess she thought I can't think of him anymore . But she couldn't help but recall the bright sun , soft grass , lush trees and the singing of birds. How she missed that place.
But now I am returning as a different person she thought I can't think of him I have a family ...... now .
She breathed in the salty sea air , she could not forget the first time she was in the ocean.
It's not the same now , it has all changed. She kept repeating these words in her mind but even then she came back thinking of him.
She walked to the captain's cabin , on the left hand conner was a statue of Our Lady of the Sea.

She felt the statue and prayed that her heartache might fade away but her prayers didn't seem to be answered

She felt the statue and prayed that her heartache might fade away but her prayers didn't seem to be answered. It was very dear to her , the statue . She held it dearly in her heart.
"Madre ! See pirates !" The young boy yelled exicitedly.
She looked out of the window , there stood a dazzeling ship in the bright sun with a black flag which had a skull on it .
The whole crew was looking intenly at the pirate ship.
"I plead thee may it be not him. If so I ask of thee of one wish let this tragedy not strike my decendants." She prayed before she left to the deck.
She walked to the deck and looked at the pirate ship. Unlike her ship it was big and had several crewmen. It had cannons which were recently invented.
She knew what was going to happen.
"Pedro ! Pedro !" She called .
"Sí , madre ?" He asked .
She grabbed hold of him . She then swung the small boat into the ocean , there was very little time left . The fight had already started.
She place her son the ship.
"Madre ! Where ?" He asked .
"Go ! Go ! Go !" She cried tears rolling down from her eyes.
"Our Lady of Seas protect him ! Take him to a place where he is safe." She whispered.
"Marie....." said a voice behind her
"Lonan..." she said to the man with unruly curls and rippied pants. He wore a cloak that was unbuttoned.
"So this is what you did in the past 6 years !" He sneered still standing on the deck of his ship.
"It's not what it looks like !" She said
"Then what is it ?" He asked ," I had waited for 3 years and do you know how devastated I was when I heard the news ! How are you to know ? You moved on ...... without me " he said it was choking him to see her .
He pointed the gun at her .
"Lonan ......" she began
"No ! Why did you do this to me ?" He asked .
"Lonan please ......" she begged .
"No !" He said
"It was the only was ! It was the only way your life would have been spared !" She said but it was too late there was a sudden bang . She had been shot .
"No !" Lanon cried ," What have I done ?"
"I... deserved it ." She said
" No you didn't." Lanon cried
"I'm .... glad...... you ......could mee....et .... my...... son......... take....... care of .......... him." She saif closing her eyes.
Tears rolled down his eyes , he could not believe what he had done .
"Captain ! They're climbing our ship ! What should we do ?" Asked his loyal crew mate .
"Destroy it !" He said ," Destroy El Tersoro !"
The crew rolled the cannon ball and the ship started to sink .
The captain had just two words to say . Five words that meant the most to him , five words he wished he would have said . Five words that could have made a difference . The only five words he had learnt in Spanish .
"Te Amor , Marie Jane Aulden ." "
Edward read putting James to sleep.
"Nice story , Ed ." Emilia said as she got up from the chair .
"Thanks ." He said .
"Where did you get it ?" She asked .
"My mother used to tell me this story ." He said with a smile .
"I wish we had a clue to show us who Duchess Aulden was ..." Emilia said sogh but stopped and asked
"Wait ..... Did you just say Marie Jane Aulden ?"