Chapter 7

Edward looked at his nephew with a look of puzzlement. How could he have not noticed a torn page when he had read the book at least 50 times as a bedtime story as a kid.
      He gently took the book from James and flipped to the very last page , but there seemed no sign of a torn page.
    "Bud , there are only 13 pages." He said as he gave James his book back .
    "But then why does the last page mark 16 instead of 14 ?" James asked pointing out to Edward an unnoticed numbering of the pages at the bottom right hand corner in such fine letters that it was almost impossible to make out.
       Edward then , looked at Emilia who nodded and handed him the torn page that Em had found at Madame Pilar's office. She cautiously placed it on the book careful not to disturb the books position.
       It fit like a glove , that page did. Emilia looked at Edward who was too flabbergasted to even move where as Barbra was busy eyeing James suspicious of how he could have figured that out.
      "How did you know of missing page ?" She asked looking at him with suspicion where James returned to her an innocent smile.
     "I decided to practice my counting in the morning with this book ! But I found as I went on that the page ended with a 16 and the page before was 13 so I went through my counting just to check I wasn't wrong which I wasn't  then I thought of comming to you seems like you've have had the last page !" James answered his rosy cheeks showing off his adorable smile.
      "Well , James,  I must say you are really smart for a boy of your age. You really helped us out ." Em said as she picked up the book from his little hands gently. James smiled at her showing off his milk teeth and skipped up the stairs play fully up to his room .
        Just then , the doorbell rang .  Edward sighed knowing that it was the newspaper boy. He and the newspaper boy , Carl, we pretty friendly.  They had their share of a friendly talk about the recent events of the colony. Though Carl did evesdrop on several occasions but he proved faithful for he kept quiet about it.
     "Howdy Carl !" Ed said cheerfuly as he opened the door.
      "Howdy !" Carl replied with his cheeky grin. He wore a cap from the '80's which seemed to be in fashion. His green eyes sparkled as though it was dying to let the cat out of the bag. His checked shirt seemed soaked with sweat and he was huffing as though he had ran a mile without stopping and his trousers hung loosely above his waist.
        "So any news for today ?" Ed asked taking paper from Carl who nodded his head enthusiastically. 
       "Let's begin with the colony shall we ?" Carl asked with a smirk as he looked up at them and noticed Emilia standing behind the door.
       "Oi ! Is that yeh girlfriend?" Carl asked looking at Barbra who was poking her head from behind Emilia.
       "Yeah." Ed smiled as he beckoned Bera foward. She walked upto him and put her hand around his waist shyly. Her cheeks turning crimson red.
         "Why don't you come in ?" Bera suggested gesturing him in with her hands.
         Carl smiled at her and looked up to Emilia.
         "Where is your beloved ?" He asked looking up at her.
         "Well , we has a row ....." Em began as she fiddled with her thumbs .
          "Ah ! Don' worry sweet cheeks ! He'll come aroun' till then Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on !" Carl said with a cheeky grin as he wiggled his eyebrows  .(lines taken from the song below :))

         Emilia laughed after what seemed to have been a really long time. She grinned at him and led him inside to the sofa.
       "So , what about the colony ?" Edward asked.
      "They say that old Mrs. Smith saw a buglar last night she did ! She reckons it was buglar. She sai' that the buglar looked at her in the eye and then left. She says it's bad sign it is. She says she read it in her horoscope she says when she went to the gypsy." Carl said looking at them to see their reactions though he did have a good guess on what it would be.
       "Okay ! That's a load of rubbish!  I mean it must have been the gypsy who must have been  the buglar just to prove that she was right with her nimbo bimbo future predicting buissness." Edward said rolling his eyes at Mrs. Smith's foolishness.
       "Tha's what we all thought we did ! But that was until we were told that the buglar had blue eyes ! But the gypsy has brown !" Carl said still convinced that the news he had brought was completely reliable. 
       "Any other news for us Carl ?" Emilia asked looking at him with raised eyebrows.
       "Oh yeah !" He said as he thought hard .
        "Some guy who was is jail is out on bail ." Carl said as he thought , perhaps trying to remember who the person was .
          "Some mad scientist or something ?" He said groaning.
          Just then Nate walked in with Regina who seemed to be in deep thought. He looked up to see Carl and he raised his eyebrow.
       "Who are you ?" He asked eyeing Carl with a disgusted look.
      "Nate this is Carl . Carl this is Nate, Mt boyfriend. " Emilia said with a smile.
      "Ah ! Now I remember ! The man who is out on bail !" Carl exclaimed with excitement. 
       "Who ?" Nate asked clearly confused as his eyebrows contorted.
       "A man is out on bail , he was arrested for committing murder and attempting another. He was some mad scientist I suppose . But now he is no where to be seen. You see when a man is out on bail he can't leave a city without the police having an eye on him but this ma' just disappeared into thin air they say . His name is Dr. Anson."

I AM SOOOOO SSSSSOOOOORRRRRYYYY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE.  I HAD MY EXAMS AND MY TERMS ARE COMMING CLOSER . THIS BOOK I HOPE IS CATCHING YOUR INTEREST..... BYE !