Ch. Six

Chapter Six

It's pouring hard outside, and I'm just staring out the bakery window.

"Gotta love this weather." Mai mutters in annoyance.

"I hope it clears up tomorrow because I don't want to drive my car home in the freaking rain." I say frowning.

"I hope so too." Mai says heating up the oven.

"Do you want to open early today?" I ask her putting my hair in a braided bun.

"Sure, let's open at 9:30 instead of at 10:15." She tells me shrugging.

We sometimes open earlier than usual. It's not a big deal to us because we come down here at 6:40 and start baking the day's sweets.

"How about for lunch break we can go to Panera bread that's down the street." Mai says giving me a cheeky smile.

"Yeah sure, although we haven't been there in awhile together you know." I tell her giving her a pointed expression.

"What? It's not my damn fault that I sleep with a bunch of guys." Mai says innocently.

"Mai one day you're going to find a guy and literally not think of any other guys." I tell her frosting the brownies that had lots of caramel inside of them.

"Well hopefully that won't be soon because I like going on dates with guys.. It's interesting because every one of them is different." She says happily while starting to decorate some red velvet cupcakes.

"Still." I say not looking up.

"How about you and Peter? I hear at school that he stopped sleeping around for a certain girl. I'm sure that it's you.." She tells me with a cheeky grin.

"Well no we aren't." I say irritated.

We didn't even kiss... That's pretty pathetic. I mean, like I'm starting to like him ever since Ian. I can't believe he did that to me..

*~*

I was biting my lip while looking on my laptop and sitting next to the cash register.

"Well what are you looking at?" I hear Peter ask me.

I look up and sigh then back at my laptop.

"Looking for any cute bedroom ideas. My room is so plain.. Unlike Mai's. Her minor is interior design and she can fix up a room like its no big deal about it." I say sighing.

"Oh? Well do you want to go into town and pick out things?" He asks me sounding shockingly interested.

"That's the thing, I'm not sure what I want in my bedroom. That's why I'm looking at my Pinterest." I tell him softly.

"I'm sorry but what's Pinterest?" He asks me sounding like a lost puppy.

"It's this website for DIY. Do it yourself. And it's pretty damn addicting." I say keeping my eyes on the screen.

"Huh, how about you try a tumblr room whatever the hell that is." He says pointing to this one picture on there.

"Nah, it's too bright." I say waving him off.

"Okay well this one?" He asks me.

"Too purple." I say.

He groans.

"You're a guy. You wouldn't understand." I tell him matter of factly.

He sighs.

"Well can I have some cookies?" He asks me getting his wallet out.

"Yeah sure." I say frowning that I have to get back to work.

I hate work. I hate working in general.

I walk to the display and grab a box full of a dozen chocolate chip cookies. That had our company logo on it.

"So, is it true that you stopped flirting with girls at our school?" I ask him ringing up his order.

"I stopped flirting with any girl. Not just the ones at our school." He tells me sternly.

"But my attention is towards the girl at the bakery." He tells me looking at me.

It creeps me out.

"Stop looking at me." I say giving him his box and then putting his money in the register.

"I can't look away when I see beauty." He tells me grinning at me.

"Okay, go eat your sweets over there." I say pushing him away.

His damn muscles.

But he walks away and to an empty table making me sigh in relief.

Mai walks in drenched.

"I can't believe that the damn rain is still going on. I really hate rainstorms. It's pretty fucking depressing." She mutters in annoyance.

I frowned at her while she walked past me and into the kitchen. Peter looked over at us to see if we're okay.

I give him a smile and nod then he nods and goes back to scrolling on his phone.

"Excuse me." A little voice says.

I look down to see a cute little girl that wore her hair in piggy tails.

"Can I please have a ice cream looking cupcake?" She asks me politely.

She smacked down a $10 bill on the counter. While I chuckled and took it.

Then I walked over to the display and grabbed one. Then walked back over to her.

"Don't overdose on this." I say giving her a pointed look.

"I won't! I promise! Thank you much lady!" She says grinning then skipping back to her father that's making a phone call.

"You'll be a great mom someday." Peter says walking over to me.

I roll my eyes.

"Thanks." I say.

"I'm serious. You're just so good with children. It amazes me Andrea." He tells me looking at me with admiration.

"It's lunch time. Do you want to go to Panera Bread now?" Mai asks me washing her hands with a wipe.

"Yeah sure." I say watching the last customer leave.

I look over at Peter and bite my lip.

He smiles and shakes his head then makes his way behind the counter.

"Go, I'll watch the place." He tells me.

"Really? You sure?" I ask him.

"Yeah, my uncle owns a pizzeria in Rhode Island and I used to work there part time for my junior year of high school." He tells me matter of factly.

I give him a small smile and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you Peter." I tell him.

He looks down at me with shock. While a giggling Mai grabs my hand and takes me out of the bakery with her.

*~*

"I told you he likes you!" She says grinning cheekily at me.

I rolled my eyes while eating broccoli and cheddar soup from my bread bowl.

"I just gave him a peck." I say.

"Mhm, you wanted to kiss him on the lips. French kiss to be exact." She tells me crossing her arms and leaning back on her chair.

"Yeah right." I say.

That's totally right.

"All I'm saying is, that there are other guys that aren't like Ian. And I believe that Peter is one of them." She tells me eating her strawberry poppy seed salad.

The crazy thing is, that I'm starting to believe her.