The number -Chapter 13-

I promised.

I promised I would update real soon and I’m sorry I broke that, but I’m trying to keep to it, I really am. Things are tough right now but I’m not giving up on you guys. I really appreciate all of you patiently waiting, it means a lot. To the fans I’ve acquired over the time, welcome! 

Enjoy the chapter.

Liv’s P.O.V

Moving on isn’t easy for me, it’s actually one of the hardest things to do. It’s not easy acting as though nothing happened while in reality it’s killing you from the inside. Life asks you to be strong but you can’t always be everything. 

The scattered, static breaths of Ruby were the only sounds I could hear. The noise of her panting as she picked up her phone and whispered a hushed hello, echoing throughout the line. It felt like ages since I’d last talked to her. It probably had been a while.

“I need an explanation. I need you to explain everything to me.” I whispered back, clenching my teeth as the thoughts of the past week continued to race through my mind. My heart pounded. It pounded right against my ribs, causing me pain and difficulty as I tried to breathe in and out at a normal rate. I wasn’t in the least bit calm, that was for sure.

It almost felt as though everything had settled down and sorted itself out, I guess it was just the calm before the storm. Nothing’s ever that easy for me, something always has to happen. 

I know I’m supposed to “get over it.” That’s easier said then done. I don’t care if people consider me as a drama queen anymore.

My life shouldn’t be their problem.

Everyone tells me I should be moving on, quit making such a big deal out of everything. How can you “move on” if it’s always in your face, all your wrong doings? It hardly makes it any fair. Maybe moving on isn’t always the best thing to do, maybe, sometimes, it’s just better to dwell.

I’m a kind of person that likes being in control, having everything in order and knowing what’s next. I’ve always been like that from a young age, independent and strong minded. Over the years I’ve lost some of those qualities, I’ve lost my personality. It’s almost as though as soon as a little part of my life goes out of balance so do I. I become lost and I can’t be found.

As much as people like to think, “celebrities” are perfect, they aren’t. We’re exactly the same as everyone else. Most of us used to live a normal life. A life where we weren’t chased by cameras, where we weren’t admired by millions, a life that wasn’t in the least bit complicated. 

A life where we were allowed to make mistakes. 

We make problems and we try to fix them but the problem is, not every thing can be fixed.

I stood up from my position on the sofa, straightening my back and brushing off my legs, beginning to pace the room in frustration.

“Explain, what?” She puffed out, seemingly genuinely confused, not at all realising the seriousness of the situation.

“Explain why I read a magazine today that claims I’m attending a charity event with Harry Styles and Taylor Swift.” I reply, kicking a stray cushion on the ground out of aggravation.

“What about it?” She asked nonchalantly.

“Why was nothing done about it? Why did it make the headlines? Why didn’t you stop it from being published?” I almost screamed through the line, my temper beginning to reach its boiling point.