Part 9

Standing in front of the three mirrors at the tailor shop, Clarissa turned revealing her left side perusing her reflection; she turned to the front and then turned revealing her right side.

‘What do you think?’ she asked turning to face Cristiano.

Turning he bent forward letting out a hysterics of laughter.

An annoyed look washed over her face as she looked down: the whole suit hung loosely on her engulfing her.

‘Don’t worry Madam, we can alter it to fit you perfectly, as you can imagine we don’t get many requests for women’ the short grey haired tailor informed from behind his shell turtle rimmed glasses.

‘Yes, I can imagine that you don’t get many requests for women’ Clarissa replied shooting Cristiano a blaming look.

‘This is one in not the biggest day of life Clar and I’m going to need you right there beside me keeping me in check’ he defended walking over to her.

‘I understand…’ she began looking down at her feet which were fully covered by the suit trousers ‘…but does Anselma?’ she asked looking up into his big brown eyes.

‘She can’t help it, all her life things have been snatched from right under her nose so you can’t blame her for being a little concerned’ he explained.

‘More like paranoid’ Clarissa muttered ‘but I’m willing to make an effort if she is’ she quickly added.

‘She doesn’t have to worry about me upstaging her at the wedding’ Clarissa laughed placing her right hand to her head and her left one onto her hips and pouting in a mocking way.

‘Don’t worry we’ll jazz this suit up, get you some killer heels and get your hair and make up done, you know to  make sure you don’t embarrass me!’ he laughed.

‘Cheeky!’ Clarissa lightly slapped his arm before she knew what happened he had lifted her over his right shoulder and laid her on top of the soft plush sofa before initiating a huge tickle attack on her.

~~~~

Things were looking up for Clarissa, she couldn’t keep the smile off her face and people started to notice.

‘What’s happened to you?’ Zulfiya asked one day while the two sat in a café having lunch.

‘I just reunited with an old friend and for the first time in years I feel at ease’ Clarissa grinned as she held her coffee to her lips.

‘That’s great, you two must be really close, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this happy! Tell me could this maybe turn into more than just friendship?’

Clarissa shook her head ‘Absolutely not! There’s not even a possibility, he’s getting married soon’

Zulfiya was convinced that Clarissa wasn’t telling her the whole story ‘If he wasn’t, would that stop you from making a move?’

A smile came across Clarissa’s face before she shook the notion out of her head ‘Well, I guess we’ll never know’ she shrugged.

Zulfiya smiled as she looked down at the newspaper spread across the table before her. Clarissa’s eyes scanned over the photos before her. As the wedding preparations went on more and more it’s all that dominated the newspapers and gossip magazines.

‘It says that tonight Anselma and Cristiano are having their hen and stag parties tonight’ Zulfiya read aloud.

Clarissa pretended to be surprised when in reality it’s all she could think about all day, how was she going to survive being the only woman at the party? She had decided that she would only stay for a few drinks and nothing more.