Part 10

As the taxi pulled up outside the venue, Clarissa knew that she was exactly in the right place. On the outside it looked like a regular smart and fancy restaurant but she knew that in he private rooms at the back, anything could go on away from the prying eyes of the world. Clarissa swallowed hard as the thought crossed her mind. This was a bunch of professional footballers where money was no option, who knew what this night would entail of.
Walking inside the sound of flamenco music filled her ears.

'Ah welcome Miss' the maitre d beamed.
'I'm here for the part of Cristiano Ronaldo, my name is..'
'...Clarissa' he finished for her 'You're the only woman on the guest list' he started 'apart from those who are ahem entertainment'

The way he finished that sentence caused a wave of anxiety to wash over Clarissa, she wanted to turn and leave but she knew she couldn't, this was her best friend's party and she had to be there.

Although she was the best man, Sergio Ramos had insisted that he and the other guys from Real Madrid organise the party.

As the maitre d opened the door of the private room she knew that was exactly the case.

Her eyes scanned around in astonishment at the view before her; there were at least ten tables and lying on their backs in skin coloured bikinis were women who had sushi placed all over their bodies.

She rolled her eyes, this definitely reeked of Sergio Ramos and his idea of a great party.

She headed straight for the bar in order to calm her down. 'You know I'd prefer if you were up there lying on one of those tables but besides that it's still great don't you think?' his breath hot on the back of her neck.

Taking a gulp of the champagne she turned 'Yeah, great if this is your kind of thing. What's Cristiano going to say?' she huffed.

'Please, it's like you don't even know him!' Sergio smirked.
Soon the door opened and the room erupted in cheers.

'There he is!' Sergio boomed shoving a glass of champagne in Cristiano's hand, a look of shock and surprise on his face.
'Told you this would be a night that you'd never forget!' Sergio laughed patting his friend on his back quite hard causing Cristiano to bend forward nearly spilling the contents of the glass.
'This is ahem well...' Cristiano began '... I thought we agreed on a quiet night'
Sergio turned, his arms spread out in a triumphant manner 'This is a quiet night'

Cristiano sighed 'As long as there's nothing more, I promised Anselma that things wouldn't get too out of hand'
'Oh there's more' Sergio wiggled his eyebrows as a huge smirk formed on his face. 'Besides we're not going to do anything that Anselma and her girls are going to do!'

'I need a stronger drink' Cristiano brushed past his friend and headed towards the bar.
As he made his way over to the glass top bar, he saw Clarissa let out a sigh and turn back to the bar so that her back was to him.
'I can't believe that you let him plan this whole thing' Cristiano spat.
'What?! He insisted on planning this whole thing alone!' Clarissa scoffed as the barman placed a tumbler on the glass top before Cristiano pouring a serving of heavy whiskey.
'But you're the best man. Woman whatever' he took a violent swing from the glass and nearly emptied it in one gulp.

'How was I supposed to plan a stag party without any help? Besides, Sergio keeps reminding me how you too are such great friends and that no-one knows you better than he does' Clarissa defended.

'You do' and with that he tilted his head sharply knocking back the remainder of the contents of the glass.
'I did' Clarissa corrected.
Cristiano shook his head 'No, you still do. I haven't changed'
'Could have fooled me'
He bent down so that he was at eye level with Clarissa and close enough so that no-one else could hear 'Do you ever think that this could all be...' he hesitated looking away wondering whether he should continue.
'Could all be what?...' Clarissa started as her mind searched for a plausible description '...an act?' she asked a hint of disbelief in her voice.

As soon as the words left her lips, Cristiano's attention snapped back to her, he didn't say anything but instead shrugged inviting Clarissa to think that her answer was not as crazy as she may think.
'Are you serious?' Clarissa asked shocked.
'Now is not the time.' He whispered.
Grabbing the freshly filled tumbler before him he raised it above his head 'It's time to party!' he shouted.
With that the group of men around the room cheered in chorus.

All Clarissa could do was roll her eyes as she turned to focus her attention on her champagne. Cristiano's words spun around her mind and the alcohol was failing miserably in numbing all the thoughts that raced through her mind.
This was too much for her to digest let alone the testosterone filled antics that will inevitably ensue. She downed her drink and grabbed her bag, making a way for the exit.

'Clarissa!' Sergio called a piece of sushi stuffed in his mouth as she made her way over to the largest table surrounded by the whole party.
'Cristiano, I'm going to go' she said as he sat watching the others trying to eat.
'Aw come on! Stay, eat!' he laughed, it was obvious that he was already drunk.
'No, I should go' she protested.
'Whatever, you go home while my boys and I have the night of our lives!' he dismissively waved her off.

Clarissa was taken aback by his snappiness, if this was all an act like he said and not the real him, he definitely had her fooled.