The Blind Date (Louis Tomlinson)

Word Count: 2260

Rating: PG

*BEEP* *BEEP*

Your phone's alarm blared from across the room. Sighing, you got up and hurried across the room.

Tonight? 

The text made your breath fall short, and you closed your eyes, holding the phone to your chest. Your brown hair tickled your back, and you flicked it off your shoulder. Responding to the text, you admired your newly painted fingernails as they raced across the digital keyboard of your iPhone.

"Mayya!" your mother yelled from the room below you. "Someone's here for you."

You took in a deep breath, then exhaling heavily. Glancing at yourself in the mirror, you posed before grabbing your black leather purse off the floor. The new red blazer felt tight on your arms, but flattered you. Thinking about it now, you were definitely glad you splurged on this item of clothing.

"Coming!" you shouted in response, combing your hair with your fingers. 

Flinging open the door, you slowly made your way down the stairs, one hand on the railing. Your heart beat unsteadily, and you tried to remain calm. The whole idea made you nervous. 

Why did you let your friend Chloe talk you into this again?

Oh, that's right. According to her, your ovaries were withering away and there were fish in the sea to be caught. It had been over a year since you went on a date, and after staying hidden in your room for many months, you were finally ready to greet the world with open arms again.

One blind date couldn't be that bad, could it?

"You look very nice," your mother chimed, her hand caressing your cheek.

"Mama," you whined, making her laugh.

"Have fun, Mayya. And don't come home too late, alright?"

"Yes. I'll be home before midnight." Rolling your eyes, you kissed your mother on the cheek and headed for the door.

"Before ten!" she shouted, and you could hear the smile in her voice.

Opening the front door, you saw a black sports car in front of your house. So he was rich? Strange he would want to go out with a middle class girl like yourself. Making your way down the steps, the heels of your black pumps tapped against the concrete, creating a clicking noise. As you neared the car, your heart increased it's beating and you almost felt like you had just gotten off a roller coaster. 

You reached your hand out to touch the door handle and suddenly the window rolled down. Bending over, you saw a middle-aged, blonde man sitting in the driver's seat. Who was this?

"Are you Mayya?" he asked, stretching his neck out to get a better look at you.

"Yes. . . And who are you?" you asked, tightening your grip on your purse.

"Your date sent me to pick you up. He apologizes about the inconvenience. Please get in."

You looked around the street, glancing behind you, before opening the car door. Sliding into the seat, you looked at the blonde replacement.

"So what happened to my date? Is he okay or?" you inquired, staring at the driver. 

"Oh, no. He's fine. It's just that he had to stay a little later at work and didn't have enough time to get ready. Now, uh please put your seatbelt on."

"How do I know you aren't just some random kidnapper?" you snapped, crossing your arms over the chest.

"Because you already got in the car. And Louis sends his dearest apologies," the blonde cooed. "Now seatbelt?"