6:Waffles or Pancakes?

•Kiyah•

•Kiyah•

I lay in bed peacefully sleeping, it's been a while since I've slept this good.

I roll over on the opposite side on the bed making myself even more comfortable. After finding a nice position I had this weird feeling in my gut.

Maybe I'm just tripping. I find myself falling back to sleep but I was soon interrupted by my phone ringing.

I let out a loud aggravated groan. Who is calling me this early on a Saturday?

I roll back over grabbing my phone to see it was Jasmine. She better have a good reason for waking me up because I swear to God we'll fight.

I accept the call to hear her scream, "KIYAH DENISE JACKSON WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?"

"Okay. First of all, stop yelling through the phone because I like my hearing and second, what do you mean where am I? I'm in bed; it's the weekend and 8 in the morning might I add."

I could hear her let out a sigh through the speaker.

"No dumbass! It's Friday and first block is about to start in 15 minutes. You are not about to let me and Noah present this project by ourselves. We need you! So get your lazy butt out of bed and get to the school now."

She then hung up leaving me shook af.

I quickly jump out of bed running to the bathroom. I hop in the shower and I also grab my toothbrush so I can brush my teeth.

Don't judge I'm in a rush.

When I got out I threw my hair in a messy bun and styled my edges. I run back to my room and look through my drawers for some clothes. I grab a pair of black tights, my plain white sweatshirt, and slip on my white huaraches. I search for my car keys to find them on my dresser, after grabbing my book bag I run outside to the car.

Five minutes later I pull into the senior parking lot. I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over because I was going 70 mph when the limit was 50. I also think I ran a red light too.

I jump out the car and run to the front office to get a tardy slip. Okay so 1st block started 10 minutes ago, hopefully Noah and Jasmine didn't start yet.

Finally making it to creative writing I push open the door to see a group in the middle of their presentation. Everyone's eyes snap towards me including the group's. I give Mr. Fox my slip and quietly make my way to my seat.

"Just on time," Jasmine whispers, "we're up next."

I simply nod and watch as the group wrap up their presentation.

Being polite I clap along with the others even though I have no idea what they presented. Mr. Fox high-fives them as they head back to their seat's, "Good job guys. Excellent work."

"Alright... Jasmine's group your up."

The three of us display our poster on the board for the class to see. "So the three famous writers we chose were; Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes, and Sojourner Truth."