Chapter 13

Heather stepped out of the room and pulled her phone from her pocket. She dialed the number she knew by heart. He answered on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Hey it's me."

"Hey, what's up?"

"You need to get down here."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Ryan is here."

"Son of a bitch." Cole sat up on his bed. "I'll catch the first flight out."

Delilah was standing by the window when Heather came in. "Hey, you wanna go get some food?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Lils, you've been locked up in here for hours. I thought you weren't gonna let him ruin this for you?"

"I'm...."

"Come on..." Heather pulled her towards the door.

They went down to have dinner. Gemma and Kevin joined them. "I am so sorry, Lila. He's a nut case." Gemma squeezed her hand.

"It's ok. I'm ok. It was a shock. But I won't let him ruin this."

"Good." A voice spoke from behind her. Heather grinned. Delilah turned in her seat to see Cole standing behind her with his suitcase.

"Cole." Tears pricked her eyes as she stood up. He pulled her in for a tight hug. "Don't cry."

"Happy tears." She whispered. "What are you doin here?"

"Heather called. I jumped on the first flight." He pecked her mouth.

She stepped out of his arms and faced her friends. "Cole, this is Gemma and Kevin."

He shook their hands and sat down beside her. The waiter came over. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"Miller Lite please."

He draped his arm over the back of Delilah's chair. "Where is the douche anyway?"

"With his fiancée." Heather sipped her wine.

"Oh really?" Cole raised his eyebrows as his beer was put in front of him.

"I'm glad you're here." Delilah leaned into him.

"Me too." He took a pull from his bottle.

After dinner they went back up to Delilah's room. "So..."

"So?" She asked with a grin.

"What now?"

"You come over here and kiss me like you mean it." She fisted the front of his shirt and pressed her mouth to his. He deepened the kiss as her hands slid under his shirt to touch his skin. "Lila." He said against her mouth.

"Hmmm?"

"You don't really want to do this." He leaned back to look at her. As much as he loved her and he ached to make love to her he knew they needed to wait. They had agreed to wait until the time was right. She was hurting and he wanted to take away her pain but not like this.

She stepped back. "You're right...and that's why I love you."

He pecked her mouth. "But it doesn't mean we can't kiss and hold each other."

"I'm gonna go get ready for bed."

The next morning they held hands as they rode the elevator down to breakfast. There was a couple's boat ride scheduled for after breakfast. She had dressed in a pink bikini and thrown a white cover up over it. Cole was dressed in blue board shorts and a white tee shirt. Reagan eyed Cole as they approached the table. "Lila...who is this?"