Chapter 15

October 2009
Delilah was waiting for Cole to come outside. All weekend they had been pranking each other.  She grinned and pumped the water gun one more time.

"Naaa.. I think we're just gonna hang out here tonight. Take it easy." She heard the French door open and saw Cole step outside. He was on the phone. "Ok. I'll call you tomorrow. Later." He put the phone on the table.

"Lils? Where are you? I know you're out here."

"I'm right here." She stepped out and pulled the trigger on the water gun. A stream of water hit him directly in the chest.

He looked down at his soaking wet tee shirt then up at her. An amused smile covered his face.

"That's the best you got?"

"Come on, you know that was good." She tossed her gun to the side.

"For an amateur."

"You think you can do better?" She crossed her arms. She didn't realize she was standing so close to the edge of the pool.

He started to walk towards her. "Darlin, I know I can." He pulled her into his arms.

"Really? Is that a fact?"

"Yea." He pecked her mouth. "Now... let me show you how it's done."

He dove off the side of the pool with her in his arms, both of them fully clothed. When she surfaced he was laughing.  "If you're gonna get someone wet then do it right."

She splashed him and headed for the side of the pool. Cole snagged her around the waist pulling her against him. "Where do you think you're goin? I ain't done yet."

"We are both dressed." Her hands rested on his shoulders as her legs wrapped around his waist.

"And?" He leaned in close. "We're alone. There's no body here." He whispered before catching her mouth beneath his. Surprisingly the water as warm for mid October.

Her arms circled his neck as she let him deepen the kiss. She could taste the Miller Lite and Patron on his tongue as it stroked hers. Cole backed her against the side of the pool never breaking the kiss. They were so caught up in kissing they didn't hear Chris clear his throat until the second time.

He slowly lifted his head. Delilah's eyes were dazed and her lips swollen. He looked at Chris.

"Chris, what are you doin here?"

"Uh, well I came to tell you that there was a problem the song. Somethin's not right...I tried to call but you didn't answer."

Cole released Delilah who pulled herself out of the pool. "My phone's in the house. What do you mean something's not right?" He climbed out. His wet clothes sticking to him.

"The sound is off. There's a whine somewhere."

"Ok." Cole grabbed a towel from the cabinet and handed one to Delilah. "So we fix it."

"Problem is...it's gotta be fixed tonight or it won't be done in time."

Cole looked at Delilah who shrugged. "I don't care."

"Alright... let me get changed and I'll meet you there. Give me thirty minutes."

"Ok.  Do I even want to know how you both ended up in the pool completely dressed?"

"No." Cole grinned.

"Bye."

Delilah was halfway up the stairs to shower and change her clothes when Cole grabbed her. "I'm sorry, baby... I gotta go in."