8.0

Dear Park Seung Ah,

I waited, like I said I would. I waited until your mind settled, until your heart finally choose one of us two. I was kinder to you, and you were just the same. That made me happier.

Around that time, Ga Eul noona, Hoshi hyung and Jeonghan were going through hard times. I was with the other members that stayed by the sides because it seemed like getting involved was futile. So we stuck to where we were needed.

I saw you with Joshua hyung at times, but that didn't make me sad because I thought that the next time, it would be me you held hands with. I guess I was only fooling myself, right?

Next thing I knew it, I was being called to meet you at a nearby playground because you wanted to tell me something. Joshua hyung was there with you, and obviously, you looked like you wanted to cry. You didn't and continued acting like nothing was wrong, when I could already sense what was going on.

Joshua hyung was oblivious to what was going on, but nevertheless, he knew how to properly take care of you. I was jealous of that.

Then you finally told me the answer I've been waiting for almost forever. I was distraught to find out... it wasn't me. Maybe at first, it was always me. Until when you finally came into my picture, when I finally started to fall in love with you, you decided... I wasn't the one. There was someone else. Someone better. And that someone was Joshua hyung.

It was useless to hope. It was useless to dream. I already could see the signs, but I didn't want to believe in them because I wanted them to be different. I wanted the sudden change. I wanted you to be mine.

It's always a sad love story in reality, to everyone. It's not every time the person you like liked you back. The only quite possible reason that person you like doesn't like you back is because they're not the right one for you. As humans, we choose to believe there's that destined person we're made to love. So I'll keep believing that until the day my destined person comes into my life.

~Author's Notes~

Poor Vernon :( 

xoxo

Byun Sang Kyung