Allies

Your pov

I woke up to the eerie sound of my window groaning open. I froze, hoping that it wasn't Jack. My fear vanished when I heard multiple voices. I remained calm somehow, even though by now a normal person would be calling the police. I listened closely to the voices. A woman's voice stood out. She sounded panicked. A mix of male voices were trying to soothe her. From what I could pick out, one male was young. He may have been sixteen to nineteen years old. I could hear two others. They both had accents. One was clearly Australian. The other one I couldn't tell for his accent was too thick and he spoke in murmurs.
I grabbed my pocket knife and a flashlight off the nightstand. I tiptoed towards my window. I looked through the opening window and flashed the light in their faces. My heart stopped at the sight. The guardians were in front of me in North's sleigh
I peered closely at them, there was a boy about my age.
"About time you guys got here." I remarked.
"Sorry I was in training.'' The boy replied. It now connected, I knew that voice.
"Now are you coming with us, (y/n)" Jaime asked as he held out his hand.
I grabbed it tightly and climbed in.

After a quick tour of North's workshop, I stayed close to the now guardian Jaime. He looked different from the Jaime I knew. He had reddish brown hair with blonde highlights. His skin was a shade or two darker. The most dramatic change was his eyes. They were a golden yellow. It was a little shocking. I hugged him and started to cry. He immediately embraced me and rubbed my back.
"I'm sorry." I cried out.
"All is forgiven." He replied.
I let go and just stared at him. He smiled softly.
"We'll get out of this together, (Y/n)." He promised.
"You sure?" I asked.
He nodded.
"I want to show you something." He told me. I cocked my head out of curiosity.
He held out his palm and a ball of light appeared.
North stepped out with the others. He started to speak in an formal manner.
"(Y/n), meet Jaime the guardian of light and bravery." He announced.
I smiled broadly and turned and looked at them all. My new friends and allies. For the first time in a long time, I had a great feeling about my future.